V PILLOW - MY SPECIAL FRIEND

Options
bellini
bellini Member Posts: 42
edited 15. Mar 2010, 18:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello to everyone - I want to tell you about a very valuable friend I have -- my V PILLOW. I am sure many of you will have one, but for those who haven't come across such an item I would suggest you invest a few pounds for one - they needn,t cost the earth I got mine in a well know online store for about £7.00 plus pillowcase.

It is a godsend at anytime, but particulary when you are enjoying tele or whatever sitting on the sofa I put my Vpillow behind me and it feels like I am wrapped in cotton wool. The pillow supports the back of your head, across your shoulders and down to the tip of your fingers. Yes all the areas you get the most discomfort. In no time at all, I feel quite relaxed and able to cope with the pain depending on the severity. I can't count the number of times I have washed it and it stills bounces back good as new. Hope I have inspired you look forward to your feed back :lol:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ah!

bellinin

I hope you have told it how much you love and appreciate it :wink:

We all need to be told that sometimes :wink:

haven't got one....maybe I should get one?

Toni xx
  • deemac
    deemac Member Posts: 30
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more Bellinin, i bought mine before i had my op. I now wish i had got two, it is with me where ever i am bed, sofa, chair, we are the best friends and cant be parted :D x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    I have to agree that V-pillows are very good indeed.

I found mine invaluable when I had my hip replacement op
    as they tell you to only lie on your back for sleep and without
    the pillow I would have found it exremely uncomforable.

Kath
  • naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    Options
    hi all,

this sounds like the sort of thing i need.

i would be greatful if someone would be kind enough to pm me the name of the place they got their v pillow from.

i can't find one.

thanks

sangita
  • dean76
    dean76 Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Me too I cant find one either.

Many thanks, Dean xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Thanks Bellini

Nice to see your post. I sleep best in my pillow mountain, so will defo look out for one of those. Glad you find it such a pal.
    take care
    Chris
  • jean62
    jean62 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    They are on sale here...Other outlets may also stock them... :)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500002201/partNumber/1270475.htm

Best wishes, Jean.
  • ifeelninety
    ifeelninety Member Posts: 57
    Options
    I was over in Dunelm Mill a few weeks ago and they had a Memory foam one. I use a memory foam mattress topper and normal pillow. I was tempted but it was around £20 so quite expensive , as I wasn't sure it would be that comfy - but reading on here how you are getting on with it - looks like an ideal thing - maybe make a hint for mothers day :wink:
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Totally agree re the v pillow. I've got a feather filled one (again wish I'd bought 2) bought a few years ago. Its very firm, and so comfy.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Bellini for the tip... I may just invest in one.

Sharmaine
    bellini wrote:
    Hello to everyone - I want to tell you about a very valuable friend I have -- my V PILLOW. I am sure many of you will have one, but for those who haven't come across such an item I would suggest you invest a few pounds for one - they needn,t cost the earth I got mine in a well know online store for about £7.00 plus pillowcase.

It is a godsend at anytime, but particulary when you are enjoying tele or whatever sitting on the sofa I put my Vpillow behind me and it feels like I am wrapped in cotton wool. The pillow supports the back of your head, across your shoulders and down to the tip of your fingers. Yes all the areas you get the most discomfort. In no time at all, I feel quite relaxed and able to cope with the pain depending on the severity. I can't count the number of times I have washed it and it stills bounces back good as new. Hope I have inspired you look forward to your feed back :lol:
  • bellini
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Ah!

bellinin

I hope you have told it how much you love and appreciate it :wink:

We all need to be told that sometimes :wink:

haven't got one....maybe I should get one?

Toni xx

Cuddle into it , and look after it well - ain't that luv. Buy one and see

Cassie :P
  • bellini
    Options
    hi all,

this sounds like the sort of thing i need.

i would be greatful if someone would be kind enough to pm me the name of the place they got their v pillow from.

i can't find one.

thanks

Hi Sangita, I got mine at Argos about £7.00

Cassie xx

sangita
  • bellini
    Options
    dean76 wrote:
    Me too I cant find one either.

Many thanks, Dean xxx

Hi Dean, I bought mine at Argos £7.00. you will see them in dept stores also bedding.

Cassie xxx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    :D Ive had one for a couple of years it's my best friend couldn't sleep without it :D
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    Options
    thanks to all who've given the names fo a few palces to look.

sangita
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I ordered one before I went in for THR and it arrived when I was in hospita....Poor hubby had quite a job putting the pillowcase on LOL Wish I had been here to watch. It was £7 with the pillowcase from Amazon for anoyone who wants to know
    Love
    Eileen
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Until recently my best friend was a body pillow - the sort they recommend for pregnant women - helped me sleep comfortably on my side with OA hip on top ... before that had used pillow between knees - but the body pillow supported the whole length of my leg.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.