Too Fat at 7.5 stone?! A Rant by Nina

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 18. Feb 2010, 14:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2858229/Supermodel-Coco-Rocha-Im-too-fat-to-get-workat-7st-7lbs.html

This kind of thing makes my blood boil. Why aren't they regulating the fashion industry properly? Surely it would be easy enough as they're so blatant about advertising, fashion shows etc?

Does anyone actually think stick thin models look good in their clothes? I think curvy wimmin are far more attractive, I don't see see why the fashion world puts wimmin who look like 10 year old boys on pedestals. At the very least there should be a selection of different sizes.

They've practically abolished size restrictions in the army, emergency services, etc, it's about time they did the same with the fashion world.

My daughters, aged 11, 7 and 6 love their magazines and naturally have posters of famous wimmin on their walls and I'm dreading the day when they start talking about how "fat" they are and how much weight they want to lose. Some of my eldest's friends are already on diets, although, thankfully, my girls haven't reached that stage yet.

But for how much longer?!

Nina X

Comments

• ninakang
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    But the words in the proper newspapers are too long :-)

And it's WIMMIN, Rehab, not women.

Nx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Its your own fault for reading the Sun :shock:
    Skinny rich celebs are eye candy, but can you imagine them naked :shock: On second thoughts don't imagine them naked!

Women with curves? Yummy yummy! and naked even yummier...

cold shower methinks

Hey rehab don't you read the Daily Express?
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Nina

Parents sometimes unwittingly transmit their own anxieties to their children with talk of flab, calories and diets. One of the best replies I ever heard a mother give to a teenage daughter came from a friend, who has been a good size 16 or so ever since I've known her and whose voluptuous charms have brought her a much younger, handsome husband and a string of admirers. The daughter, then aged 14, was moaning about her (decidedly slender) thighs. My friend turned and said to her, "Let me tell you, a bit of weight has never stood between your mother and a good time."

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    Options
    I like to tell my daughters that real women have boobs and bums - that's why we look like women and not boys :-)

Nx
  • ninakang
    Options
    Sorry, I meant wimmin

Nx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    I like to tell my daughters that real women have boobs and bums - that's why we look like women and not boys :-)

Nx

But it seems to be the coathangers like Kate Moss who make the money :!:

Am I jealous as I sit here on my rather well-padded seat :?: Nahh :!: :!: :!: Well, only a little bit, because I used to be stick-thin once upon a time. Tall, slim and willowy, that was me. Now more like tall, rounded and wobbly :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Quote Joan

But it seems to be the coathangers like Kate Moss who make the money

Am I jealous as I sit here on my rather well-padded seat Nahh Well, only a little bit, because I used to be stick-thin once upon a time. Tall, slim and willowy, that was me. Now more like tall, rounded and wobbly

Very true it’s modern imagery designed to drive everyone to attain the same level of perfection at incredibly cost, the US is obsessed with it and now they have exported it to us here, seems we always end up doing what they do even invading places!, sorry going all political again!!.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I wish I was.........I might be able to find some comfortable clothes that look good, too.........

Annie