my doctor conversation and " best anti inflammatory &qu

Options
bluebeard
bluebeard Member Posts: 260
edited 18. Feb 2010, 14:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
saw him today

having a lot of stiffness so said I would take him up on offer of a course of antti inflamatories

said I was sick and fed up and wanted the " best one "

he said unless people are on ibuprofen and its not working , he always prescribes naproxen or naprosyn as its called

I am on 500mg morning and 500mg late evening

he said its like most other drugs..there isnt a " best " one ..they all have the same effect...just some suit patients more than others

Comments

• breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,I've been taking Naproxen for quite a while and was prescribed Omeprazole to take along with it as a stomach protector.I guess your GP explained the need for taking a protector with this drug?I think most arthritis sufferers are first prescribed Naproxen although it doesn't always work.Luckily I've had no side effects from it but lately it hasn't been working as well for me and I may have to have a steroid jab to help bring down the inflammation under control. :( Breane.
  • bluebeard
    bluebeard Member Posts: 260
    Options
    hiya x

he said take it just after you have eaten so stomach is full and also drink a glass of milk at same time

said in his experience most people are fine but he can prescibe a stomach protector if I get any problems

xx

says he prefers this one as its twice a day rather than ibuprofen which needs to be taken every four hours
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well works for me lo, with other meds .i tried it with out stomache tabs and most of time only when not eating do need help it does not work straight away so give it few weeks to be sure should help
    val