All getting too much!

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 20. Feb 2010, 12:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I'm not feeling too great today. I get a pain in my jaw when sleeping and it wakes me but its not too bad during the day.

Today I have very bad pain in my shoulders, but I think its coming from my neck and back, which have been painful for 2 days. I'm feeling a bit sick, too & very tired.

I'm so fed up with all the appointments that I've got comming up, neurology. rheummy, physio, hand clinic, and pain clinic. Both with the doctor at the pain clinic and a pain management seminar, which I missed by getting lost, last time, oh and also the employment advisor, to think about what work I can do!. I feel like just going to bed and pulling the duvet over my head! :roll:

Sorry, I'm just moaning again.... :wink:
Love Sue

Comments

• penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh, Sue, bless you, you sound so fed up with it all & I just want to send you a massive (((hug)))!
    love Pennie XX
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi sue hugs for you things sound bad and i would feel like hiding as well we r here come have a moan when ever you want i would in your place take care rest as much as you can
    val
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Sue,

I am sending you some hugs. This ESA fiasco is the last thing you need at the moment along with all your appointments.

I hope you feel better soon.

Anne xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Just echoing the others Sue it has to get better for you soon. ((( ))) luv Cris x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    and hugs from me, Sue.........this doesn't seem such a good time for so many peeps.....wish the sun would come out and warm us all up.

(((((())))))))
    Annie
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Sorry you are feeling bad. Sometimes it feels like" stop the world , I want to get off". There is a lot coming up for you, which is hard to deal with when you are feeling well. But you are not, so it is understandable that you feel like having a moan. It is defiately allowed!!
    I hope things settle for you and you get a better night tonight.
    NB
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Sue

I know how you feel about all those appts. ; When I was at work, just after I was dx with PA etc etc. I seem to have appointments every day of the week. Very difficult having to keep making the time up at work. Soon used the holidays up. In the end, I just went on sick leave, which is what you had to do and like me, give up work. I've forgotten whether you have left actually.
    As to the jaw, do you think it might be that you are grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw whilst asleep, because of the pain. The very prolonged cold weather doesn't help either.

I think you will have to hibernate a bit longer, inbetween all your appointments that is. They are a useful link for you and all there to help you. OT, Pain Clinic, etc etc
    I've been lucky this week, only had two appts. But then, Jimhad his appt.
    I know it can't be easy because you are not driving at the moment, or have you started again.
    Here's a big (((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))) and hope you don't feel so down tomorrow.
    love from
    joy
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Sue,

just wanted to send you hugs and hope that the pain in your jaw eases and you get some restful sleep. When I've had pain in the jaw, I've found heat helps (hot water bottle held against the side of my face)

as Joy has said, the appointments you have are all designed to help you......but it is tiring in itself when they all come together at the one time!

try to stay positive if you can. Iris x
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    hi Sue, I sent you a PM but it seemed to be in my outbox but not sent when I last looked. Can you let me know if you don't get it?
    x
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Options
    Hi again - just another thought - I grind my teeth in my sleep when I am under a lot of stress so that could also be the problem - my jaw also tends to lock & feel tense then too. A bit catch 22 cos the stress you are under is causing pain which causes more stress but try to be really kind to yourself & say that enough is enough & you will not let anyone else upset you.
    love Pennie X
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    I know how you feel with the shoulders and neck :(

Think you were adding your reply to the messages just before I got up in the night with my aches and pains.

If you are like me you must be tired out and fed up.

take care of yourself

Malc
    x
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Sue,Sorry to hear you are at a low ebb. :( It really is awful when you can't get a good nights sleep because of pain and it makes you fell like rubbish the next day.It's neck and shoulder pain keeping me awake at night so I know how you feel.Do hope you will soon have a better day.Chin up. Love,Breane. :)
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Sorry to hear you arent too good Sue

Its not surprising with all these appointments
    and especially the ESA saga.

It must be so stressful having to 'prove' your
    disabilies. No one would want to go thru that
    just to get money would they.

Crazy system.

Hope things look up for you soon and you will feel
    a whole lot better and brighter.

Take care
    Kath
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hello!
    Just to say a big THANK YOU to everyone, its fantastic to have such support, it must be working because I feel brighter today!

I think you could be right, I about the teeth grinding, its hard to control what you do in your sleep, but I think that I've heard of dentists making something to help, but I'm not sure I could sleep with something in my mouth! :shock:

Its a long road, but I am determined to see it through to the end. I'm sure loads of people must get so fed up and down, that they just can't see it through. One way of the Government saving money! :shock:

Thank you all once more. It does help so much.

Lots of love Sue xxxxx :? :):)
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    I have a mouth guard, it is just a plastic guard which I sometimes put over my upper teeth at night. Actually doesn't bother me when I remember to use it, only need it for a few nights and it stops. Not the most sexy thing in the world but if you keep your mouth shut, no-one knows it is there :lol:
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    Sending you big hugs Sue and hoping you feel better very soon. Maybe a little treat after some appointments - not big expensive things, just things you enjoy maybe? Just a thought. Thinking of you, love, Josie xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Sorry you are being dragged to all these appts when you feel so unwell.I am sure all this tension and stress is exacerbating your jaw and neck pain too.Hope someone can accompany you to the appts.

Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hello,
    Thank you everyone, I feel that the tension of waiting is the thing that is getting to me a bit, I do feel a bit better today, and trying to be more positive. These days I hate the postman coming, as much as I want everything over, I hate the appointments or knock back letters! :roll:
    Love Sue
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Sue I am with you on that one.Sometimes I can barely open a letter, my heart is in my mouth and I feel sick.It can be unbearable.When I have read the letter i go away,have a cuppa and then pick it up later to digest more info when I am more relaxed.I dont discuss it with anyone just things start coming together when I am less angry.I have my DLA and my sons DLA forms arriving soon so i will be going through it all again.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein