My dream job!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 19. Feb 2010, 19:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
I’ve got it!, I know the perfect job for me and me sick flippers!, working in the new European space station!!!, just think about it?,
I can handle excessive discomfort and I laugh in the face of sleep deprivation, I’m use to mundane tasks and hours of thumb twiddling(well I am it’s true).
And the best bit is I don’t need excessive strength as it’s all in zero G so an elephant is as easy to shift as a mouse in zero G, and moving about would be a doddle, just one purp will fire me off the sofa down here so in space I could really shift!.

Hey I've invented a new space name!, a gastronaght!. :mrgreen:

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    My dream job, back in the Army doing the job I loved best, a military training instructor!
    I was as fit has a fiddle, I could run for miles in bots and with a pack on my back, smoked cigars and drank like it was going out of fashion.
    gosh bet you scared them to death can just see you getting them up in the middle of the night to toughen them up
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    ......and in a blizzard!

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    My nickname was The Screaming Skull! :D
    why does that not suprise me at all . wont tell them you had a soft center
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 18. Feb 2010, 15:29
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    My dream job, back in the Army doing the job I loved best, a military training instructor!
    I was as fit has a fiddle, I could run for miles in bots and with a pack on my back, smoked cigars and drank like it was going out of fashion.

Good on ya rehab, you were ard in them days,now your just mad like the rest of us on ear!, oh by the way screaming skull?, isn't that a horror film???, :mrgreen:

Now this is sad but the job I really enjoyed was working with plutonium oxide making X ray samples at Harwell back in the 1980's, it was a dangerous'ish job that paid really crap money but I loved working in such well supplied and large labs, couldn't live on the money so after nearly 10 years I left.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    I’ve got it!, I know the perfect job for me and me sick flippers!, working in the new European space station!!!, just think about it?,
    I can handle excessive discomfort and I laugh in the face of sleep deprivation, I’m use to mundane tasks and hours of thumb twiddling(well I am it’s true).
    And the best bit is I don’t need excessive strength as it’s all in zero G so an elephant is as easy to shift as a mouse in zero G, and moving about would be a doddle, just one purp will fire me off the sofa down here so in space I could really shift!.

At first glance I didnt notice the 'f' in the last word of the third paragraph.
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:

Very clever!!
    And very funny
    Steph
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    My dream job was when I worked with children who had learning difficulties. Progress was often painfully slow, and had to be planned in very small steps, but my biggest reward was when they began to read their first few words. Many of these children had felt like failures previously, so it was lovely to see their confidence growing.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I work in a fire station.

Nuff said.

Nx :-)
  • valval
    Options
    loved being a lollipop lady was great job just not enough hours 5 a week two half hour shifts but the children so nice
    val
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi all,

You'll think I'm nuts, but I've always wanted to be in a rock band. Getting on a bit now but there are bound to be some other "oldies" out there who feel the same??

Was never encouraged to do this sort of thing when I was a youngster. :(

Saddo Pheebs x
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    My dream job would be to be a curator in a big gallery or museum like the National Gallery or the V and A....

Alternatively I have always fancied the idea of getting a job like my friend once had. She was employed by a super wealthy person somewhere over in Italy, she lived in the lap of luxury and was well payed.

Her only responsibility each day was to ensure that the person's two dogs were fed, watered and exercised - the rest of the day was hers to do as she wished! :shock: :D I could definately handle that!

A x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, my dream job would be working as a chocolate taster, I would have to taste new chocolates before they were sold to the public, I promise to work very hard love Jaspercatxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Lovely Jaspercat can I join you.

Actually If I could spend all day in the gym training youngsters then I would be in my element.But if I could teach gym to special needs kids as well even better!
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein