my sexy new look

theresa4
theresa4 Member Posts: 696
edited 19. Feb 2010, 06:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI all

Just been to physio and returned the wonderful elbow crutches as they caused me immense pain in my hands and wrists . I saw a different physio than last week who was a little more helpful. :roll:

I now have a pair of gutter crutches which are much better as my forearm is used to my weight when I crawl around the house and up stairs. They just look like the strangest contraption! :lol: I did get a few looks as I arrived home and used them from the car to in the house. If anyone has problems with wrist pain I would heartily recommend them although they dont stop the ankle pain I do feel a little more stable (independantly rather than another persons arm) and when my ankle gave out on such a short walk I managed to stabilise myself instead of falling on the floor. yay me !! :D
Im not going to be doing any long walks on these but at least they give me a little stability for short walks. So far so good now Im gonna have a sit down and a cuppa.

Not sure my ego is ready for these at 38 yr old but its better than the zimmer they are offering if these dont work (which apparently I have to purchase myself!!) :?

Much love to all

Theresa x :)
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx

Comments

• rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    wtg you...

im 44 and have them also and a walking stick and a new scoota love it...

At 1st i was very red in the face when i went out on it.. but after all i would rather ppl laugh at me than me being in pain.... :lol:

And on that note im off to town yet again to zoom around the shops...

Good luck with ur new look :D Alli xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    theresa
    so glad you hae some independance it not nice when you feel you r going to fall all the time. some one at work said to me the other day do you and your oh hold hands when out, of course i said yes well if i do not hold him i fall over so he has no choice unless he wants to keep helping me up lol my son asked if i wanted one of those shopping trollys with 4 wheels for xmas gggrrrrr not that bad yet lol
    val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Theresa

Bet your Oh knows you're still sexy :wink:

Serioulsy though they sound like amuch better option and I am so glad you feel safer and more confidant of not falling.

Best to be on your feet if you can all round i think.

As Rosy said rather look a bit different and be in less pain (safer) and OUT!!!

Well done

Love

Toni xx