Love

Toni x

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Alan

I so hope these boots "do the trick" too for you. :) I remember you have posted threads on "shoe problems" in the past.

Thank you for mentioning the regulars on here I hope I am one of them :lol::lol:

Please let us know the end result, won't you. Hope you will call in every now and again in the meantime. We always like to hear from you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Alan

Please don't think wheelchairs. I am only too well aware you have so much pain to bear and I am so sorry, but your lovely character shines through each time you post. It is what comes from within that really counts. Let's hope those boots help and are ready for you before the 2 months is out.

I am ok, Alan, thank you, I am three weeks post op from another total knee replacement so hopefully that is them, done and dusted for a good number of years.

You keep safe and I hope life starts to treat you more gently, you so deserve that. Please don't leave it too long before you call in again, I notice when you are not around on here.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Oh, Alan, you didn't! I was terrified going out in the snow. I did venture out very occasionally when I had to but it was pretty scary, to say the least.

You stay in if it snows again!

Luv
    Elna x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Ooh Alan

that sounds awful. Poor poor you :(

You will take it steady now won't you??

Good to see you back posting :)

Love

Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi Allen,
    I'm so sorry that you have such a mega-big problem. I hope that you can get it sorted in the end. I'm afraid I hav'nt got any bright ideas to help you, just loads of sympathy, which doesn't do you any good, really.

Hope all goes well for you.
    Love Sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Sue

No
    Your sympathy DOES help :D
    Really

Toni xx
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi Alan,

I have exactly the same problem ... gone to the other ankle now - so I can truly sympathise. I've been fighting against a fusion op - was told I'll be in a wheelchair for 4 months. Can't get it into or around the house with me in it ... especially the bedroom and I don't fancy sleeping in a wheelchair!!!! :roll:

I didn't go out at all when it was icy ..... I spent my time counting the patterns on the wallpaper and then had an uncontrollable urge to draw on it!

Hope the boot solves the problems ... won't it be wonderful .. bliss!
    Take care of yourself and I wish you all the luck in the world with it.
    Dolittle
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    please dp let us know gow you get on, i'm really struggling with shoes, i alsa tried walking on ice, never again, i ended up with bruises everywhere after falling in the carpark outside my local chemist ouch!
    i really hope the boots help. my knees are terrible at the moment, have bee nfor months but have not found anything to help yet,
    good luck.
    sue
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Options
    Hello Alan
    I don't think we've met here before but yes, there are some fabulously supportive peeps here, aren't there? I would not have got through my dreadful year without them!
    I had a right hip replacement in October but through error, now have a leg length difference of quite a bit. I saw orthotics yesterday & he has said I need a shoe lift of almost an inch. The consultant obviously lied & said was only a centimetre but everyone could see that was wrong!
    I have to try insert first though he said I really need adapted shoe.
    I am so sorry to read of your probs with feet & ankles - my right knee is next on my list then my dreadful feet next! My right one is almost totally pronated now - ugh! Let us know how you get on with these boots - hopefully they will be so comfy you'll never want to take them off!
    Nice to meet you
    love Pennie X