banging my head on a brick wall

Options
maud48
maud48 Member Posts: 170
edited 20. Feb 2010, 06:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just got a letter from the hospital saying my GP has referred me to my previous rheumy after I'd specifically asked not to see him and she'd promised to refer me to a different one (for full story see my thread 'bit fed up and confused').
It's not just me, was talking to a friend recently and she feels exactly the same way about him.
Can't see GP until 18th March as she is incredibly booked up so more and more time is being wasted.
Will definitely have to go private but really can't afford to do that more than once (can't afford even once really) as have just paid £150 for grandson to go to a half term holiday club - necessary as I can't look after him,
Hard to keep feeling positive at times,
maudxx

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, Before going private, could you mention the problem to your GP and ask if their has been a mistake? Or, maybe phone the hospital Rheumatology Secretary and say you thought you would be seeing another consultant? It may save you a bit of money!

Good Luck
    Love Sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Muad

I remember this :!:

What an idiot (GP) you poor poor thing. If I was you I'd do my best to hang on tioll 19th March - or can you leave a message for GP??

This is money you can ill-afford I'm sure.

Love

Toni x :(
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    How maddening!

I'd phone the surgery and ask for the GP to phone me back, if I was you.

They made the mistake and they should sort it.

Good luck,

Lois x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Maud,

Its so silly eh?i have the same problem with the neuro cus I will not see him. You could poss ring the hospital and ask to see someone else.... often they run 2 in the Rumo dept and well it might be worth a try? Good luck and if you don't want to see someone then my advice is don't see them. Fingers crossed you can find a better one. Cris x
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi Maud,

I think the poor muddled soul has made a mistake. Put your foot down and stick out the see the one you get on with.
    Best of Luck
    Dolittle
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Maud,
    Sorry you are having to shell out all this money. I got Dan one day at a playscheme £20 so I could have a little rest.If you wait until mid March do so but needs must.It is just such a shame you have to pay for everything.....
    Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Maud I've replied to your previous thread and am so sorry to hear you've been referred to the one who's been no good for you. I'd give the hospital itself a ring before paying anything and just ask them to change you over to another Consultant. I've known this to be able to happen in the past. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    rita