snow again where i live

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 23. Feb 2010, 14:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello everyone

is it just me or is just as you get older and before anyone says it :lol: i know i'm not old :) but do you hate the snow we had this year, i hate it because the ice that comes with it, slip over once and have never forgottern it, the council not very good at gritting paths round about where i live so it never gets done unless we moan and email and pester the council, still sunny here at the moment i hope it dont freeze tonight
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

We had a dollop of it again this morning as well. Its seems lie a long winter eh? Ours has gone now, mostly and the sun has come back out but it don't feel like its finished yet and I sort of thinking hibernation is the way :wink: Take care Cris
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Been a beautiful sunny morning here, but very, very cold. Still, I've discovered some hyacinths peeping through round the fuschia and that's cheered me up.

Annie
  • naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    Options
    yeah, yeah, yeah to what lynn said.

very long warm dry days. no humidity, no sweating, no sweltering.

just long lovely summer days, we can remeber for decades to come...........especially for htose of us who have memory problems :mrgreen::wink: :roll:

i requested that last year, adn didn't get it, so if enough peeps join me, maybe we can get our wish.

i can hope and pray, yes?

sangita
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    It is 11 a.m. and the snow has just finished. Quite a bit has come down but it is thawing already. Until the next lot. The whole week doesn't look promising.
    Hope all the kids got to school
    I shall be glad when we can get back to some normality, like a proper Spring.

Still,why worry, I can remember when we had snow on the 1st June in 1977 and then we had a heatwave for the rest of the year, or was it 1976? So perhaps this is what it will be like again, who knows.

We shall only moan about the heat then won't we. We are never happy about the weather. Speaking to our friend Dez in Brisbane, he was fed up with the temps staying in the 47 degrees range. There were forest fires near him. Thank goodness we don't have to worry about that.

All we have to worry about are the floods Can't win.

Sounds like a film I watched once. Now, what was it called.

Joy
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    it's snowing here at the moment, luckily the ground is wet from all the rain so snow isn't settling
    sue
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi not snowing but still some laying on ground from yesterday cold put as well but sat by fire for a while
    val
  • only49
    Options
    more snow over night, what we had before was just staring to go, thankfully my son gone to school today, so i'm happy :D roll spring time

sylvia
  • joyful164
    Options
    Me and my lovely husband went to Tesco's this morning and the place was 'heaving' with children of school age with their flustered mothers. So it is either 'more teachers' training days' or the snow, what snow?

Makes you wish that they had kept the village schools going, so that the kids didn't have to travel by school bus to the towns. Bring back life to the villages. Would stop all those mothers driving their only child to school in one car. Now that would help save the planet and stop these extreme weather conditions, unless it is too late.

Look at what Madeira is going through at the moment.

Joy
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Snowing again in Derby - miserable weather. Wish it would stop and hurry up with Spring

Nx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Never mind, folks, just come on the forum cruise and escape to the sun :!: We're in Morocco now, and it's warm and sunny :!: :D

s030.gif
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Snowing in Cannock, but I don't care as I'm tucked in bed where it's always sunny. f030.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Snowing in Cannock, but I don't care as I'm tucked in bed where it's always sunny. f030.gif

Joseph 8)

You keep warm Joseph

I want it to stop!!!!

Got outpatients at stafford for my youngest and I had to cancell friday coz of the snow :(

Love

Toni x
  • only49
    Options
    still not got rid of the rottern snow weather forcast dont look much better other than more of the same, by the way i live in scotland
    on one of the islands ( orkney islands )

sylvia
  • joyful164
    Options
    It snoweth as I speaketh :!: :lol:

Joy