Flare up and birthday ruined

madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 22. Feb 2010, 09:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello Everyone,

The last week i have been havin sore feet and painful joints and just knew i was coming into a flare i even told my consultant so!

Wouldnt you know it today i can hardly walk not alone but shoes on my feet! I was ment to be going to the Safari park tommorrow for my 25th Birthday and i crnt go now cuz im so sore ive even managed to pull a mussell on top of my right arm aand it hurts alot i keep tryin to move it but it just hurts!

So yes no seeing my family n best mate on my birthday just alot of pain and painkillers .. :cry:

xx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi do not know what to say to help (((hugs))) and do hope you get some help soon have you tried putting feet in cold water. sorry that your plans might not go as you would wish but that you manage something else good luck
    val
  • rach1986
    rach1986 Member Posts: 32
    I'm so sorry you're in pain, all you can do is rest up until you feel better, we've all been there xx. I know its awful that you're having a flare up just before your birthday, maybe you can have two birthdays like the queen, your official one and an unofficial one when you're feeling better :lol:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Ahhhhh Madness so sorry to hear that.

It's such a bu**er when it interferes with our special days and plans.

Hope someone treats you to some nice goodies for your birthday and you can console yourself with those instead. Maybe you can go to the safari park when the flares settled down.

Dare I say have a restful birthday tomorrow.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • madness1985
    Thanks all,

I am going to have a restful day. Im going to try and get to my dads after a good nights sleep!

I like the idea of 2 birthdays .. do i get 2 lots of gifts too hehe!

x
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Do you remember in Alice through the looking glass they celebrate an un birthday? Every day that isn't your birthday is your un birthday!! Enjoy!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, What a disappointment - to say nothing of the pain you've had! :( Still, the queen has 2 birthdays so why can't you??? You can choose the day and what to do and all that!

I'm sorry, though, and hope you had at least a little bit of a Happy Birthday.
    Lots of love Sue xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    well happy birthday sorry it was not the one you wanted and had planned but the next one will be much better i would wait till spring comes then do it all again you can look foward to it then sure it will be worth it
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Madness,

I am sorry its sort of ruined your plans but go for a second birthday as soon as your better and yep tell them you would like more pressies :wink: I really hope it is soon back under control and your feeling much better. Cris x
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    What I have done is to say that the weekends before and after my birthday are my 'Official Birthday Weekend'. If no flareups on the first weekend, then that is my birthday. If I have a flareup then the next weekend is my birthday. One or the other is usually flare free.

So we all go out for Sunday lunch and celebrate.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    Yep

sounds good :)

TWO birthdays

like the Queen

Two lots of prezzies too.......

Toni x :wink:
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Happy birthday, Madness.

Sorry you couldn't do what you wanted 'cos of paiin. Damn arthur. Lots of (((( ))))
    Dolittle
  • madness1985
    Hi All,

Thank you for your messages. I never made it to see my friend or the safari but it snowed oover night so we couldnt have gone anyway, so yay we get to celebrate my birthday again! My dad came over and im waiting for my couisen and aunty at the moment. Ive had a very calm relaxing 25th birthday and not keen on saying im 25! Ive had some lovely cards and i got a 12megapixal camera of my dad which was lovely and my partner got us a weekend away in august to paris via eurostar which is brillent as it should be nice and warm so i get 3 birthdays :D

Hope uve all had a lovely day

Take care an older madness lol

xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi 'Older' Madness :D

You will really celebrate your second one soon but you know what I forgot to say earlier....

h100.gif

Hey for what its worth I spent my 45th one having some very intrusive tests with the IBD and this next one.... well I shall be on my drip and seeing the consultant as well, I really hope I don't have too many that good :lol::lol::lol: Luv an a ((( ))) Cris x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Hi Maddness
    sorry im abit late but Happy Birthday :D
    its a shame today didnt go as planned but having 3 Birthdays sounds good :lol:
    Take care
    Oh did you have cake??
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    happy birthday hugs and best wishs and sypathy sorry you are in pain from joanne
    Joanne
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi again Vicky,

I spent my 50th in an operating theatre having an aspiration on my right knee when I should have been in Madrid :shock: :roll:

Never mind I got every passing stranger to feel sorry for me and sing Happy Birthday :lol::lol:

Glad you're having a relaxing birthday and you live it later girl :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • madness1985
    Thank you for your messages! Yes i did have a cake a chocolate one my brother made bless him!
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Sorry I'm late but hope you enjoy whats left of your birthday 8)

my Birthday was a white out! So I also had 3. Hope you are feeling better. Enjoy the Chocolate cake :wink:
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Hi madness1985,

Sorry we nearly missed your birthday. Perhaps you could let us know when your "official" birthday is?

Hope you are beginning to feel a bit better.

Jean123
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Madness

Guess what? I'm having a flare and have been in bed nearly all day as I'm in pain and so tired.

It is not my birthday though.

I just popped in for 5 minutes and saw you.

Well I can do one thing though I can wish you a Happy Birthday.

Go to the safari park when you feel better, you will enjoy it more.The weather might be better too.

Trisher xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Happy 25th birthday, my lovely :) The safari park is not going anywhere so no worries there. You go when you are feeling much better - something to look forward to for you.

How's the wedding preparations going?

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hi Madness,
    You supported me last week, now I am here for you.
    A very Happy Belated Birthday.
    These flare up seem to be popping up more and more, must be the time of the year, you rest up and enjoy another birthday soon when you are feeling better.
    I hope that is very soon.
    Lots of gentle hugs (((((((((((())))))))))
    love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi Vicky

Happy birthday.Sorry I missed the actual day but somehow had it in my head your birthday was on a Monday! I am like Joseph and spread my birthday over 2 weekends depending on what is happening in my life and how I feel.I have felt sad at missing a few Christmas so I know how you feel.
    I hope you got lots of lovely presents and saw the people that love you.
    All the best
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • caprica
    caprica Member Posts: 195
    Hey Madness,

Sorry to hear the flare ruined your plans. :( Hoping you feel better soon and get to do all the things you had to postpone.
    xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi
    Sorry to hear about your pain and discomfort. It's not fair when things happen during your birthday. Try and enjoy the day.
    I always have a flare up when I push myself too much. Try and rest. Use an ice/heat pack on the really worse area.

Take care and Happy Birthday - mine is tomorrow and I'll be 54. Spending it at home as I had a TKR a week ago.

Sharmaine

quote="madness1985"]Hello Everyone,

The last week i have been havin sore feet and painful joints and just knew i was coming into a flare i even told my consultant so!

Wouldnt you know it today i can hardly walk not alone but shoes on my feet! I was ment to be going to the Safari park tommorrow for my 25th Birthday and i crnt go now cuz im so sore ive even managed to pull a mussell on top of my right arm aand it hurts alot i keep tryin to move it but it just hurts!

So yes no seeing my family n best mate on my birthday just alot of pain and painkillers .. :cry:

xx[/quote]