How long can flare ups last?

Options
cutieclaire
cutieclaire Member Posts: 134
edited 20. Feb 2010, 16:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am getting a little fed up. I have had pain from about Nov/Dec 09 and the flare up is still here. I have yet to be given any real meds as Rummy needs to see the total damage of my joints.

How long will this last? Please can someone advise?

Thanks

Claire
xxxxxxx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    claire (((hugs))) that long time to go through it. when you get some meds things will be better i know the wait not good but they need to give you right meds so will get there then it might take a while for meds to kick in but life will be much better for you
    val
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Hiay hun,

I was in constant flares for around a year before i started on hydrox and although it helped i am now in a really bad flare and can not even walk. To be honest flare lasts in my experience from a week to months.

Sorry its not what you wanted to hear

x
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi
    I have also been in a constant flare up since end of nove. When i think it is getting better and easing off it comes back with a vengance. It isnt so much the pain as I can control that quite well with painkillers, it is the fatigue and the genral feeling of being unwell which i cant get to grips with. I have gone from being on 10mg of pred up to 30mg at my worst. I am slowly getting them back down but quite often like others get sick and fed up of it. It isnt like an injury where you can rest it and it gets better because it is with us constantly. however, I keep positive because I have a fantastic rheumy team and gp who I have a lot of trust in.
    I also believe that with the weather we are havng this year isnt helping matters either all this ice and snow is certianly no good when you are trying to keep your joints warm.
    Keep your chin up, it will get better! x