Spooky events

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 28. Feb 2010, 18:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi, I am sure most of remember that my hubbys dad died in oct last year, we have always felt that he is still around us and odd events have happened, today while putting his dads birthday card up on the dresser our electrics tripped!!

So I said "thank you we know you are here but don't mess with the electrics please, I should mention that he used to be an electrician, we are not spooked though love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat :D ,

i think its sort of nice that things and people stay around a bit...... You remember that line from Ghost hat the love inside goes with you..... i kinda think its true........ I know I saw my first partner and well a few others as well and its sort of a comfort.... and I have my old dog bark to come in quite a few times.... and a sheep who came through the door, jumped up n the settee and disappear and I honestly think its a form of comfort..... but as you know I am a little 'odd' :lol::lol: Luv and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    skezier wrote:

i think its sort of nice that things and people stay around a bit...... You remember that line from Ghost hat the love inside goes with you..... i kinda think its true........ I know I saw my first partner and well a few others as well and its sort of a comfort.... and I have my old dog bark to come in quite a few times.... and a sheep who came through the door, jumped up n the settee and disappear and I honestly think its a form of comfort..... but as you know I am a little 'odd' :lol::lol: Luv and a ((( ))) Cris xx

and I have my dog Prince coming to stand behind me to watch me fill the washing machine, take it out and put it in the tumble dryer
    He was always there and I sometime think I hear his claws on the floor too. As you say spooky.

No your not odd. I sometimes think my mum is standing behind me !

Joy
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Joy,

The weirdest thing was when we had the total eclipse..... I didn't like nor did the chicken and my then baby lamb... about 4 months old then.... As the darkness rushed across the field.... she came thundering ahead of it bleating like mad, jumped at me and knocked me over and climbed on my lap but you know in the odd silvery weird light of the total eclipse I looked over the panicking lamb and saw a load of people I knew well, all smiling..... so I'm ok with really...... as long as it's NOT my mother :wink::lol::lol: ((( ))) x
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I'm glad you're all OK with this kind of thing. It freaks me out just reading about it!

I do believe in stuff like this, I suppose it's a comfort to many?

Nx
    (trying to understand)
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    Options
    I hope there are such things as ghosts then I can come back and haunt a few people!!
    Steph
  • joyful164
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Joy,

The weirdest thing was when we had the total eclipse..... I didn't like nor did the chicken and my then baby lamb... about 4 months old then.... As the darkness rushed across the field.... she came thundering ahead of it bleating like mad, jumped at me and knocked me over and climbed on my lap but you know in the odd silvery weird light of the total eclipse I looked over the panicking lamb and saw a load of people I knew well, all smiling..... so I'm ok with really...... as long as it's NOT my mother :wink::lol::lol: ((( ))) x

I think that about my dad, but not all the time.
    He had his good moments.

Joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    I do believe in mediumship and all that business. I have a friend who studies it and is able to give a reason why some things happen. It is a trick of the mind sometimes, but then there are times when there is no explanation, that's when it get's freaky.

Joy
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i totally believe our loved ones are around us still,
    my cat 'flakey' i'm sure is around, ok now this will sound weird, but she was a very special cat, she was almost totally deaf and and due to serious illness as a kitten she had mental health issues! she was always at the kitten stage, never grew up even by the age of 6yrs!
    she had an infection of the nervous system which is what caused her to be a bit erm, loopy! she used to walk in circles alot and her balance was rubbish! due to problems with her brain, well basically she was more like a baby than a cat, but i loved her to bits!
    she had to be put to sleep when she was 6yrs old because she had cancer and although she was very much still my baby, she started getting vicious towards others and because they couldn't help with the cancer i thought it best to get her put to sleep before she suffered.
    any way, the point of this long post is i got her cremated and i wasn't planning on keeping the ashes, i was going to scatter them in my garden, but i'm glad i didn't because she showed me that she was still around and wanted to stay with me, so i couldn't bring myself to scatter them. i still have them in a wooden cat ornament. the reason i say she wanted to stay was because her ashes have always been in the lounge but when i was redecorating i put them in the hallway and thats when she showed herself. every night i could hear, i swear, her sad cry (she had a very high pitched cry) when her ashes were put back in the lounge, the crying stopped, almost like she was in her place!
    sue (who isn't mad honest!)
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Funeral the analogy clock in my dads car suddenly started working as soon as we got to the crematorium!, it hadn’t worked for over 5 years up until then, strange that?. :shock:
    The most

The most impressive thing I have ever seen was a folding leaf table get dragged a good 3 feet across the kitchen floor in the very old house we use to live in.
    Yes I know there’s some on here who scoff about ghosts and I have an open mind on this but the house was an odd place and quite a few strange things happened there over the years, nothing harmful and in a way I miss it these’s days, my home now is fine has no bad atmosphere, no doors opening and footsteps coming up the stairs late at night etc. :shock: :(
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    skezier wrote:

hi cris

i dont think people that notice these things are odd or anything for that matter, my hubbys mum died in june last year and strange things have happened since, and i had a strange feeling when she died cant explain it but somehow i had that feeling that she was very happy and that i was not going to see her again, and then the phone rang and it was hubby's sister-inlaw to say that she had died, strange or what, i do think some people can pick up on things that others cant, dont know why.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I remember when my dad died at the exact moment(as I later found out) I turned to my then husband and said My dads just died. Half an hour later got the call you dread but I was totally calm and said I know.The sense of calm stayed with me for a while and really helped me.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    Options
    Sorry jasper I just borrowing your post.... ((( ))) xx

Hi Nina,

Someone told me a very long time ago the only weapon they have is fear...... Don't be scared cus often they just checking up your ok or surprised you know they are there...... What the sheep was doing is what she loved doing, she spent hours on a settee sleeping and chewing the cud :wink: x

I just looked at my post and think well 3 pregabalin and I shouldn't post cus I say too much..... Hope nobody minded.....

I never have studied it as such but I have picked up all my life and there is this idea that w are essentially 2 things, and then multiple variants, sections, bits what ever you want to call them. The 2 are your core and your spirit. The idea is part continues and well love comes from the spirit so goes with you. Its a comfort really that they still care and look out for us eh? I am totally convinced, but then I have to be....... I didn't get a choice :wink: Cris x
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has heard of this. But all my life I have known that a white feather falling is a sign that a departed loved one is around. It's been passed down from parent to children over the years.

Well, I lost my 8 year old grandaughter 2 years ago and I know when she's with me, I see a white feather falling.
    I lost my mum last year, and several months later we went to Spain on holiday. The journey and the waiting around in airports played havoc with my RA and I was in agony. Then in the resort, it was a hot day, no sign of any birds around at all.....and a white feather floated down in front of me. Look as we may, there was no birds around, there are few by the coast in Spain anyway, and certainly no birds with white feathers.
    I felt better straight away and had no more pain while on holiday.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, thanks everyone, I am glad that I am not alone in beliveing, when I had my appendix out a few years ago I was very poorly, the nurse came to check me and said my arm was resting on the arm of a chair, she put it back into the bed, a few minutes later it happened again, when they told me I said that my mum, who died a few years ago, was sitting in the chair, I think I spooked them but I know mum was there.

Our old cat, Tigger, also comes back, I feel her jumping on and off the bed, she always slept with me, I just say "hello Tigger", Jasper cat knows what happens as he sleeps with me, I have often seen him staring into thin air with his tail flicking back and forward love Jaspercatxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    lovely, comforting stories although surrounded by sadness.
    When my son was born I was really scared and in pain(obviously) but then saw a red Indian chief at my bedside(!) and felt really calm after that as he was helping me through.Probably all the gas and air but it did help at the time!

Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    I have three white feathers now, in the cupboard, that have appeared from nowhere. Always keep them.
    I am a real believer, we all have a guardian who watches over us, some of us see them, or sense them, some don't.
    I have seen so many spirits and had endless encounters with the afterlife, for want of another word. I was a nurse for 26 years, working in some very old victorian buildings. I have often thought of writing a book, but never put fingers to keys. I also have vivid predictions of what is going to happen, which I don't particularly like, but can do little about.
    Now everyone will think I am totally off my trolley. :shock:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I don't think you are off your trolley at all, Bubbles. :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    I don't think you are off your trolley at all, Bubbles. :)

Luv
    Elna x

Thanks Elna, no, I am not. I can recall so many events and bizzare happenings. They never bothered me, yes, they can make you jump, but that is our reaction to the unexpected, not the spirit that is trying to frighten you. I will tell of one event, while working nights. This was on a nightingale type ward, the ones from the carry on films, ladies one side, men the other, we used to sit in the middle, so that we could see both ways. I saw Mr X walking up the mens ward toward me. I went to him and said lets get you back into bed and he walked by my side, as we went through his curtains, he was already in bed and had passed away, I turned and he was gone. Now, that was a wee bit disconcerting, but not frightening. I didn't tell the other nurse who was on duty with me, she would have been off like a shot.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).