itchy feet

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 26. Feb 2010, 16:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
MY feet itch every night not in the day just at night. there is no redness of anything i put on my excema cream to calm it it helps but it drives me mad ive had it for 3 months now and im puzzled. anyone else get this joanne
Joanne

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry Joanne can't help but hope someone comes along soon who can.

Meanwhile get scratching girl :wink:

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi
    I don't get itching as such but quite often get funnst / unusual feelings in my feet. My gp said it is the inflammation in my lower back pressing nerves etc.
    Do. You bhave back probs? - could be that.
  • suncatcher
    Options
    bailey27 wrote:
    Hi
    I don't get itching as such but quite often get funnst / unusual feelings in my feet. My gp said it is the inflammation in my lower back pressing nerves etc.
    Do. You bhave back probs? - could be that.

my back palys up in a flair but im not in one right now joanne
    Joanne
  • wendylou
    wendylou Member Posts: 88
    Options
    MY feet itch every night not in the day just at night. there is no redness of anything i put on my excema cream to calm it it helps but it drives me mad ive had it for 3 months now and im puzzled. anyone else get this joanne
    Hi Joanne i have got a itchy part on my foot it's just on the top part by my little toe and like you i have put on excema cream but it still itches, there is no rash or nothing but i could scratch it to pieces as it drives me mad :x i wish i could find out what it is, :? if you find anything out please let me know as i think we have the same thing. good luck.Wendylou. :)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I do get very itchy feet so have one of those long handled brushed to help. I believe it can be a build up of dead skin caused by my inability to soak them in a bath as I can only use a shower.Sometimes my partner gives them a towel down to remove the dead skin after a soak in a bowl of hot water and this does help.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    Options
    It started on the arch of foot now its all the foot and itches all day still it looks ok and i think when i go down docs tomorrow they might think im making it up. It itches feels hot and it hurts when i walk now. I will see the doc though as it is driving me mad. thanks for my replys wendy lou i will let u know how i get on at docs joanne
    Joanne
  • holmesi
    holmesi Member Posts: 96
    Options
    hi joanne ,this happened to me recently,found out it was athletes foot,get some powder on it ,it was driving me nuts itching all night,hope it settles down soon , :x :x holmesi
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Thats what mine is but i thought it effected the toes only but no doc says athletes foot thanks joanne
    Joanne
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

Yes I have been having the same problem for some months and at the side of the nail looks a bit red. They itch and swell like crazy. I have put anti-histamine spray that I have and creams and nothing has helped.

On Monday I showed it to my rheumatologist and she said it's part of RA when it's not controlled.

Eve