Fed up :(

controversial
controversial Member Posts: 24
edited 23. Feb 2010, 16:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've just written a two page long letter to my GP, telling him exactly how I feel. That I constantly hurt and ache, and that I need help.

I made a complaint to the hospital who got a nurse to email me but its coming up to three weeks now with no response, and phoning I just get told she'll call me back. I feel ignored and frustrated.

Every part of my body hurts today, and I'm hoping I get a fast response with OH posts it this avo. I really need the help :'(

I want a cuddle.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Controversial

Good for you for writing and sending a letter to your GP informing him exactly how you are feeling. Hopefully you will get a quick response. If a first class stamp was used, with a bit of luck the letter should arrive tomorrow if it caught the post today, if not, the day after. Telephoning is often a complete waste of time in scenarios like this.

Your GP will see the facts written down in black and white and if he is doing his job at all well he will get his secretary to type a reply to you.

Did you write to the hospital complaining or was this done by phone? Letter is always best.

I am sorry you feel so unwell and feel utterly neglected by the medics too. It probably gave you some satisfaction to get all the facts and your feelings down on paper.

Do let us know how things go. Sending over lots of hugs to you,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi

I wish I could give you a real hug :(

Have these instead ((((((()))))))

I so hope you get a response from them. Did OH read your letter through?

Well done - you knwo I am rather proud of you for taking a stand :D

Love

Toni xx
  • controversial
    controversial Member Posts: 24
    Thank you for replying, it means a lot to me.

OH did read the letter, and thought of other things I hadn't mentioned, he was really helpful. He posted it tonight, so hopefully they will get it tomorrow. If not, then the next day definately.

I'm writing a letter for the hospital in the morning, and will ask him to post that too, and see if I can get a few different people fighting for me. It's so difficult doing this at the moment.

Thank you for your support, and virtual hugs :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Controversial,
    I am so sorry that you are having such a bad time, you carry on fighting, you will get there.
    I am going through the same thing with my GP, it has taken a while but I am getting there.
    What a good idea of yours to write everything down, I think I will try that when I next go to see my GP.
    You take care
    Lots of hugs
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Controversial,

I just sending you a ((((( ))))) and hope they take note and actually start to help you. Take care Cris x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, just sending you a hug, hope things soon get sorted for you love Jaspercatxx
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Hi Controversial,

Good on you for sending that letter. Fingers crossed you hear quickly.

Loisx