Need help with pain

Options
merv6268
merv6268 Member Posts: 3
Hi folks I'm merv. Have had diabetes for 52 of my 57 years nad was diagnosed with OA 26 yrs ago.I've had heart surgery mith major probs 3 yr ago and at the minute am being treated for prostate Cancer. My problem is dependant on both these main factors. I take max dose of gabapentin for neuropathy of the feet, hips and face, 400mg tramadol with optional50mg 4 times daily and 8 30/500 co-codamol daily yet I still have moderate pain in my lower back, the base of my spine and my hips. Can anyone suggest a regime I can take to my doc to ease me through the day. I really want to get back to work

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Merv

Nice to meet you. I see your on the Gabapentin and just wanted to say I find the Pregabalin so much better...... Its the next generation and maybe it would be better for you as well? Since its sort the same thing you might be to be able to take it and I have it for my back and neck and it really does help so much. I also wonder if the pain clinic could help you? Anyway I sort of dropped in to say hi and nice to meet you. Hope you can get some better relief soon. Take care Cris
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Merv

Hello nice to meet you.

I take Gaberpentin 3 x a day, for severe phantom pains, also for the nerve endings which really hurt.

I also take Oxycontin and Oxynorn in between.

It helps with my pains but arthur seems to break through this and I have a CC's which I do not take very much.

I would think it best to ask your doctor if you could see the Pain Clinic.

They are excellant for sorting out pain with you and if something does not work out, they would try something else until they got you stable.

I do hope they can get you sorted so you feel better.

Sending a little ((()))

Trisher xx
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    Options
    merv6268 wrote:
    Hi folks I'm merv. Have had diabetes for 52 of my 57 years nad was diagnosed with OA 26 yrs ago.I've had heart surgery mith major probs 3 yr ago and at the minute am being treated for prostate Cancer. My problem is dependant on both these main factors. I take max dose of gabapentin for neuropathy of the feet, hips and face, 400mg tramadol with optional50mg 4 times daily and 8 30/500 co-codamol daily yet I still have moderate pain in my lower back, the base of my spine and my hips. Can anyone suggest a regime I can take to my doc to ease me through the day. I really want to get back to work

Dear Merv6268

As people have mentioned already, asking for a pain clinic referral would probably be the best option as you several things going on and so best to get proper medical advice from professionals who understand all the conditions and reaction to any other drugs you may be on.

Please ask your GP for a referral soon, don't suffer in silence.

Best wishes

Simona