Poppers!

Options
portiasmummy
portiasmummy Member Posts: 13
edited 25. Feb 2010, 03:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I am new to this forum. Unfortunately my daughter was diagnosed with RA not long after giving birth to her first child 3 years ago. She came off her medication to try for another child and has just given birth (now has another son, aged 2 weeks). She is now back on her medication. However, apart from the obvious problems of having difficulty with bathing him (hubby helps so that isn't a great problem) and finding that pushing the pram is exacerbating the stiffness in her wrists the biggest difficulty is doing up the poppers on the babygrows! I just wondered if any of you out there could advise where we can purchase popperless babygrows, ie with velcro or something similar? Any help would be gratefully received as I've been googeling for ages and found nowhere that sells such things! Many thanks in advance for your help.
I must add that I posted this message on the - can't remember the name, but the wrong forum and a very kind lady suggested that I put my question here as possibly it would be more relevant in this forum.
Thank in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

Comments

• harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi portiasmummy
    i have just googled and a company called GABU came up, have a look
    www.gabuclothing.com
    they mention arthritis and it says that the baby clothes are done up with velcro...hope this helps.
    Sally.x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I'm not sure if you are Portia's mum but guess maybe Portia is your granddaughter? sorry if I've got that completely wrong!

I've never seen popperless babygros, but my daughter used little pyjamas rather than the traditional babygros for my grandson Matthew. The top had an envelope neck that had no buttons etc so was easy to pop over the baby's head and the bottoms had a simple button that attached it to the top....I'm not explaining it very well! sorry! They were from House of Fraser but I'm not sure if they still have them as that was a few years ago!

I'm sure other peeps on the forum will be along soon with their suggestions.

by the way, congratulations on the safe arrival of the new baby!

Irisx
  • portiasmummy
    Options
    harleyd14 wrote:
    hi portiasmummy
    i have just googled and a company called GABU came up, have a look
    www.gabuclothing.com
    they mention arthritis and it says that the baby clothes are done up with velcro...hope this helps.
    Sally.x
    Thank you so much Sally - that's wonderful. Why when I googled this didn't come up I have no idea! I am just about to have a look what they have on offer.
    PMx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Portiasmummy,

I can't help but wanted to say hi and welcome. There a good lot but you already know that eh? I hope things get a bit easier for you and your daughter. Take care Cris
  • portiasmummy
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I'm not sure if you are Portia's mum but guess maybe Portia is your granddaughter? sorry if I've got that completely wrong!

I've never seen popperless babygros, but my daughter used little pyjamas rather than the traditional babygros for my grandson Matthew. The top had an envelope neck that had no buttons etc so was easy to pop over the baby's head and the bottoms had a simple button that attached it to the top....I'm not explaining it very well! sorry! They were from House of Fraser but I'm not sure if they still have them as that was a few years ago!

I'm sure other peeps on the forum will be along soon with their suggestions.

by the way, congratulations on the safe arrival of the new baby!

Irisx
    Thanks so much Iris, don't worry, you have described the PJs very well. An other lady has suggested a website which I will have a look at tomorrow (little grey cells want to go to sleep at the moment!) and after I see what they have on offer I will then order some PJs for Charlie as this seems to be the suggestion that many of you have made. Why we didn't think of this I have no idea - it's so obvious isn't it when you think about it! By the way, Portia is one of my other children, It is my eldest daughter who has the RA and she also has another son, Thomas. I have Arthritis in most of my joints and often confinded to a wheelchair now because of the way this affects my spine - but every day of life is good - each day when I wake up I know I have made a good start! Charlie and Thomas, my grandsons bring much joy into our lives and people such as you, who have been such a help are wonderful, so, thank you to you all.
    Kindest wishes, PMx
  • portiasmummy
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Portiasmummy,

I can't help but wanted to say hi and welcome. There a good lot but you already know that eh? I hope things get a bit easier for you and your daughter. Take care Cris
    Thanks so much Cris, yes, I am finding that you are all 'a good lot'. I know none of us choose to be in the position we are, but it does help when people such as all those on this forum are so helpful and friendly.
    PMx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hello :D

Thanks for your pm. I have sent one back to you. :D

Night, night,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    just thought i'd add that i had trouble with pushchair to, but i found ones with bouncy suspension saved my wrists.
    sue