an e bay no no.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 26. Feb 2010, 08:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the box by any means but for the life of me I can't understand why freinds of ours bought a Landrover Freelander on e bay.
They have only had it for 3 day's and were coming over to show us their pride and joy and it got seriously sick, gearbox making horrible noise and there'a a problem with the clutch they think.

Anyway after owning and restoring a seriies 2A Landy and having mates who have various Landrovers I think I would have gone for a Jap 4x4 if I wanted a shopping trolly, I don't know the come back they have if any but I wished they had mentioned to me where they were thinking of looking for one before they got this pup. :?

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    if it sounds to good to be true it usually is lol i would want to see and try it before but if the payed with the payment service there they r covered if it does not meet the spec shown
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi val well we have all been done sometime in our lives but e bay and car don't go together in my book, oh well we all live and learn but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth, I hat seeing folks getting ripped off not nice at all.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    My Bro sold his old car on ebay....
    they are sold as seen I think, but you DO have to collect them....so you'd expect 'em to be ok... wouldnt you?

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hey Mel,

I learned to drive in a series 2 landrover, she was first car as well :D Double declutch up and down and never a problem in people giving way....... not when it had L plates on :wink: She was a soft top and a really good 'friend'

Cars off ebay...... well I buy em from the auction so is there much difference really...... except price :wink: Hope your feeling a bit better today? Cris
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi skezier, well another ex landi owner so you have all the knuckle scares to prove it, and I bet you can sniff out hypoid gear oil at 50 paces.
    I loved mine but I was always fixing it, still I do miss it, like yours it was a tank and great for getting rid of road rage also it would go through mud like no ones business, now if I had the money I would make one myself from new parts from the ground up, I'd have a galvanised chassis and jap diesel and gearbox stuffed in it, boy could I spend some dosh on it!. :mrgreen:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Mel,

Not forgetting the king pins :wink: I did mine once, hell I was that strong once :shock: but the second time she had them I sold her as an agricultural vehicle and got decent money as well.... Its the MOT's that were hard for the old series 2's. I used to love the old split screen and she really did go most places.... I got a long heel base Patrol and you know what they are very simular..... Got her at 2 and had to scrap her at 12 cus well I am heavy on cars cus I use them as wheel barrows..... ask my little Reno :lol::lol::lol: Yep I would love another truck but none of these ponced up 4,5's or 90's or 110's or defenders etc :lol::lol: Cris x