DLA

bevman
bevman Member Posts: 107
edited 28. Feb 2010, 14:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi i was wondering weather you can get DLA mobility for life or do you have to re apply every three years.
would be gratfull for any info alison

Comments

• only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi alison

i have just applied for d.l.a for the first time in my own right :) but i have a son who on has recived it since he was young and i have to fill them in every 3-5 years depending what they tell you in the award letter, however i know someone who got a disabled son who gets awarded for life, :) yesterday i went to my local c.a.b and i asked her the same question you are asking and she said that its very rare that they do award it for life, shame though :( i dont like filling them in but now i finally found someone who will do all the hard work for me so i am more than happy.

sylvia
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • bevman
    only49 wrote:
    hi alison

i have just applied for d.l.a for the first time in my own right :) but i have a son who on has recived it since he was young and i have to fill them in every 3-5 years depending what they tell you in the award letter, however i know someone who got a disabled son who gets awarded for life, :) yesterday i went to my local c.a.b and i asked her the same question you are asking and she said that its very rare that they do award it for life, shame though :( i dont like filling them in but now i finally found someone who will do all the hard work for me so i am more than happy.

sylvia
    hi sylvia thanks for your reply i was asking because my husband who has got severe RA has recieved his renewal form to be filled in he was granted it for 2 years last time.when we did it last time he was still in work but was off long term sick since then we had to have a independent consultant report done for his pension and he stated that my husband was really bad and i wondere if i sent tis report in as well they might take it into account.alison
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, I think you have to get the high rate in either mobiliy or care, and you can't get any better, I get high rate in mobility because I am unable to walk very far, in fact I need a wheelchair, they will always tell you on the bottom of the letter love Jaspercatxx
  • zechariah
    zechariah Member Posts: 222
    Hi,

I was on low mobility and low care, however when I was forced to start using a wheelchair we contacted them and filled in a form about changes.

It came back middle rate care and high rate mobility for life!

I sure wont miss filling in the forms
  • lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    Hi, I was awarded DLA for two years on the basis my condition (RA) could improve with medicine adjustments so they review it in Oct 2010

lizzie
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi i got low rate care and high rate mobility for 3 years then reaplied and now its same but for 2 years
    julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • susanjanemoon
    susanjanemoon Member Posts: 28
    bevman wrote:
    hi i was wondering weather you can get DLA mobility for life or do you have to re apply every three years.
    would be gratfull for any info alison
    Hi. I have today received a decission letter for DLA I have been awarded High rate for mobility and lower rate for care. Both for indefinate period. Good luck I still cant believe that i was awarded it. AND it only took 27 days from applying and the decission. Susan xx :x
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    I do have a letter from the DLA stating indefinate for my mobility, which then changed to 2 years, for some reason known only to the Gods. I have asked for clarification.....we wait and see. One thing for sure, they do not seem to understand the words "longterm" and "progressive". I am sure they could issue both mobility and care for an indefinate period, given a person's diagnosis, medical evidence and lack of ability to carry out normal day to day activities without help.
    It seems, no mater how many Drs or Consultants reports you offer, they still don't get it. That's my Sunday rant over with. :x
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • bevman
    bubbles wrote:
    I do have a letter from the DLA stating indefinate for my mobility, which then changed to 2 years, for some reason known only to the Gods. I have asked for clarification.....we wait and see. One thing for sure, they do not seem to understand the words "longterm" and "progressive". I am sure they could issue both mobility and care for an indefinate period, given a person's diagnosis, medical evidence and lack of ability to carry out normal day to day activities without help.
    It seems, no mater how many Drs or Consultants reports you offer, they still don't get it. That's my Sunday rant over with. :x

thank you all for your response i am just filling in the form bit by bit for my husband it seems to take forever they just keep asking the same question over again just in a diffrent way i think this is to make people get so fed up they give up.

Alison