EARTHQUAKE CHILE

Options
2»

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad the current news is good, Eve, I'm so relieved for you. I am sure it will be a continual worry for you until things settle down. I know I would be on pins and needles for a while........but try not to let it upset you too much or it will take its toll on your own health. You need to look after yourself as well as worrying about others.

As for the looting, well, there will always be chancers wherever you are..........it happens all over now.

Please do keep us updated, there isn't much detail on the news reports I've seen.

Love
    Annie
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    hi Eve, been away and just caught up with the news. I'm glad your father is safe and hope everyone else you know is fine too.
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Im pleased to say I have spoken to my sister and she is fine. My father is fine and spoke to him again today.

I must say that Im quite disappointed in the media and the little report there has been considering some haven't even been able to get in contact with there families.

Im also upset that no FUND LINE has been set up so I can even make a donation. Chile is used to earthquakes but it doesn't mean we can't do anything from afar. I found it ridiculous that BBC News 24 said that Chile is a rich country however, there's is a great deal of poverty and Im so concerned for the working class and the poor.

Im still lighting a candle and hope those without food, homes, etc get the help they soon need.

Thanks for the support xxxxx

Eve
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi again Eve

I have been following this so thank you for the updates. I am so glad you have finally been able to speak to your sister now and that both she and your dad are ok.
    Yes I am surprised no appeal has been made, and again aid seems to be slow in arriving!. It must be so frustrating for you when you are so far away. Jusy wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you and your family and friends who have been affected by this disaster.
    take care
    Chris
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Eve,

I am glad to see your up date and totally with you over the appeal thing I really hope they will do one soon. I know Shelter Box are sending things out and well its such an awful thing to have happen.

Sending you a ((((( ))))) and a hope things will get easier for your family and friends soon, I really do hope they weren't too badly effected. Luv Cris x
  • chile168
    Options
    OMG - again.

Another earthquake at 7.2 hit Chile - Santiago.

Again Im trying to call my family - x

Eve
  • salamander
    Options
    chile168 wrote:
    OMG - again.

Another earthquake at 7.2 hit Chile - Santiago.

Again Im trying to call my family - x

Eve

Hope everything is ok Eve. Let us know.
    xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Yes Eve......let us know......haven't seen a news yet as been out most of the day.

Annie
  • chile168
    Options
    Sally, Annie

Thank you for your support and will update as soon as I managed to get through to my family.

Love x

Eve
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Eve

So sorry, do hope you manage to reach your family soon and that all is well for them and your friends.
    thinking of you
    Chris
  • chile168
    Options
    Thank you Chris x

Update - I have just managed to speak to my father :) and pleased to say he is fine. Told me that him and my aunt (his sister) were on the road on their way to Santiago when there was a strong tremor and new about the other one when they got to Santiago as everyone was outside the buildings.

I must say that less then 20 minutes ago my heart jumped into my lap because while I was talking to him there was another tremor and could here in my father's voice that he was concerned as it was lasting longer but like a loving father told me not to worry.

I wish my father was here with us.

Love x Eve - THANK YOU so much for your support
  • salamander
    Options
    chile168 wrote:
    Thank you Chris x

Update - I have just managed to speak to my father :) and pleased to say he is fine. Told me that him and my aunt (his sister) were on the road on their way to Santiago when there was a strong tremor and new about the other one when they got to Santiago as everyone was outside the buildings.

I must say that less then 20 minutes ago my heart jumped into my lap because while I was talking to him there was another tremor and could here in my father's voice that he was concerned as it was lasting longer but like a loving father told me not to worry.

Thank goodness they are all ok. xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    chile168 wrote:
    Thank you Chris x

It really has been a nightmare for you. So happy that you got through to your family. Hpoe you manage to get some sleep tonight. I x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Eve,

Sorry you and your family have had the worry again, I do really hope it will soon stop and that they will be ok and be able to get back to normal very soon. Fingers crossed thats the last time they get a quake for a very, very, very long time. ((( ))) Cris x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Eve,
    Didnt realise there had been another strong quake in Chile till I saw your thread. I do hope all of your family is safe. Keep us informed and we will be thinking of you.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • chile168
    Options
    Sally, Ironic, Chris and Elizabeth THANK YOU so much for your support.

No I didn't get much sleep last night but praying and being positive that it will all be okay.

I have found out that the Red Cross is fund raising for Chile at present but I have also been given another phone number by my father on an email he sent me and will be contacting the lady who is handling that at the moment so if any of you are interested in donating a little would be great but if not then that's okay with me too.

Im so grateful for your kind words and the loving support that you have expressed to me during this hearbreaking and difficult time.

Love and hugs x

Eve
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Hi Eve
    just come in at the end but very glad to hear your family are okay,what a relief......