new to site and hello all

Options
09angel11
09angel11 Member Posts: 87
edited 3. Mar 2010, 09:13 in Say Hello Archive
I am new to this site, i have had osteoarthritis in my neck and back now for some years. I have now retired from work on health grounds. I am still going to hospital with on going problems, i would imagine like most people on this site. The lastest problem, among many is my right arm and hand. They thought at first i had had a stroke, because i had such a funny feeling go through my neck, over my head and my right arm going very weak. I could not bend my fingers, i felt that i had paper cuts all over my little finger and forefinger, pins and needles down my arm, anyway thankfully it was not a stroke, but after having nerve conduction tests they feel it might be a trapped nerve in my neck, so i am having to wait for another MRI, i just hate them. I also have face numbess, pain behind my left ear, tinnitus, all sorts of strange pains in my head, tenderness, nerve shooting pains etc. I have cetain tablets i keep to because most others i cannot tolerate. It would be nice to hear from others who have bad necks and backs, and what they have problems with. You think you are the only one who is suffering from this that or the other, but when you hear from others, who have the same symptoms or worse you do not feel on your own.

Thankyou to all for reading and getting in touch

Monica

Comments

• chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Monica,

Sorry to hear you have OA but pleased that you have found this site and wanted to wish you a WARM WELCOME.

I hope to see you posting in other forums too.

Take care

Eve
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hello Monica.........I haven't got OA, I've got inflammatory arthritis, but I do get very bad neck and head problems, so you are not alone!

Glad you have found us and I'm sure others will be along to welcome you.

Annie
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Monica

Just adding a welcome from me. I can't advise on the poorly neck or back as I have the dodgy hip and knees variety of OA. :? Do post on the Living with, forum with any questions I am sure some of the lovely people on here will offer practical support if they can or send a hug if they can't. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your MRI, keep in touch with us and let us know how you are.
    take care
    Chris
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Monica
    I just want to say a very warm welcome to this site, people on here are so supportive and will answere any questions you have.And have a look at the chit chat where we all chill out and have a laugh
    Hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara