just chilling watching a film

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 9. Mar 2010, 20:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
just watched Valkyrie what a good film. Any one watched a good film lately?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Maria

That sounds like a good way to spend an hour or two :)

In answr to your question though...

Yep Saw 'My name is Khan' a couple of weeks ago and hope to see the new Nanny McPhee soon :)

Love

Toni xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    What is that film about Maria :?: i think i've heard of it.
    Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    Julie
    Its got Tom Cruise in it & its abt the attempt to kill Hitler by his generals vry interesting & well acted apart from them having american accents oh & Eddie Ezzards in it too. Think i spelt that wrong lol x
  • snowball
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    snowball wrote:
    Julie
    Its got Tom Cruise in it & its abt the attempt to kill Hitler by his generals vry interesting & well acted apart from them having american accents oh & Eddie Ezzards in it too. Think i spelt that wrong lol x
    Is it worth watching :?:
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    I like true stories or romcoms.

I would suggest a lot of true stories but there are so many. Lorenzo's Oil is good.

Eve
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    went recently to see 'Invictus' which we enjoyed although I did find it hard to focus on the parts with lots of movement - may need special cinema glasses :lol::lol::lol:

we both enjoyed the film - Morgan Freeman makes a jolly good Mandela

He was also in the other film we watched recently (on DVD)' the Bucket list' about 2 guys who are total opposites who share a room in a hosptial and are both told they have a terminal illness. SOunds morbid I know, but there are a lot of laughs in it and also quite thought provoking.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi

I saw Avatar in 3D recently, and thought it was very good. The 3D effects were fantastic.

Also seen recently The Last Station with Helen Mirren in it. It is about the last months in the life of Tolstoy, and very well acted. James MacAvoy is excellent in it.

Last week I saw The Lovely Bones, which is a story told by a young girl who was murdered. It is too long and drawn out, but worth seeing.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • snowball
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi

I saw Avatar in 3D recently, and thought it was very good. The 3D effects were fantastic.

Also seen recently The Last Station with Helen Mirren in it. It is about the last months in the life of Tolstoy, and very well acted. James MacAvoy is excellent in it.

Last week I saw The Lovely Bones, which is a story told by a young girl who was murdered. It is too long and drawn out, but worth seeing.
    I read the book (lovely bones) its sad but well written
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Maria

I love my DVD's and that Valkyrie sounds a good thriller one. Have seen the book about but not caught the film yet. Will look out for it.

I love so many but recently watched Will Smith in Seven Pounds and am still reeling from the storyline. :shock: One you don't forget in a hurry.

Eve :D I think I have seen all those tear jerker Odyssey series and yes Lorenzo's Oil a real triumph over disaster. I cried buckets in a nice way. Have you seen any others can't remember titles at the moment apart from one called Who will love my Children :cry:

Wonky just loved the Bucket List, mind you anything with Jack Nicholson in gets my vote. :D Must confess that has just the right amount of reality with a wonderful dose of humour and makes you want to get on with your own bucket list eh?

Sorry Maria you have got me started now, anyone seen Sliding Doors? Was just talking about that today at work and how our lives could be so different if only we had taken a different turning somewhere along the way. Well worth a look if you haven't seen it.
    Haven't seen Avatar yet as I can't see in 3D with me poor left eye so will wait for that on DVD and hope it doesn't lose too much as an ordinary film.

Do please add more suggestions peeps.

Chris :wink:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Maria,

A (((( )))) in case you still need one :wink: I haven't sen that but d tend to watch a few dvd's and still vids and am waiting for the film Wonky said about cus I seen the trailer and it does look very good.

I also am waiting for Aviator to come out on dvd cus I can't get at comfy in the seats at a cinema..... but..... for Lovely Bones I might try again. I think the boo was so good and the film, ell it looks good :wink: I have a problem with the movement on the screen and my eyes so may not risk it and wait for the dvd again...... Hey hope your ok? Cris x