feeling really anoyed ( needing to let of steam )

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 11. Mar 2010, 06:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello at the moment i feeling really anoyed as at my sons school they are not like the lovely people in the forum who listen and dont judge and know how we are all feeling and always try and help, i just wish other people were as good as us lot, sorry to moan but it really anoys me when you come across people that really should no better and some that think they know better, grrr i must amit that i dont trust the so called mp's either they all say if you vote for me i do this if i get in, and do they no, do you ever feel like screaming at these kinds of people.
Just had a thought maybe we could do with a place on here where we can put the worlds to right and moan maybe thats not the right word i dont know but i hope no one minds.

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,
    quite right to rant.....it fair reduces the pressure in the old brain box!

What happened at your son's school then? you did't say and I'm really curious......!!??

Irisx
  • only49
    Options
    hi iris

to start off my son got specail needs he autistic and has low mussletone and we feel that his teacher is not listerning to what we tell her, we really want to work with her to help her make my sons school life as easy as possible, he got a lot to put up and as his mum i want and expect the very best for him, its got to such a point she now thinks she knows my son better than me and i dont want to talk to her, abit like banging your head on a wall, only trouble is we got no specail school where i live otherwise he would be there i can tell you, dont get me wrong i love him very much and while i can i help and support him as much as i can.

sylvia
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Slyvia :(:(

Grrr!!!

Hope you feel a teeny bit better for letting off some steam?

I have had a run in today with someone at the hospital car park in Stafford (I know it's a dangerous place that :wink: ). Was an 'orrible man. I got out of my car and told him to get some psychiatric help :oops:

Hopped back in and locked it sharpish :!:

I am usually a happy person too :(

Love

and support

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Sylvia

It sounds as though your son's teacher has a superior attitude, and this isn't heplful to you or your son. I have taught many children with special needs, and it is essential to listen to parents. After all, they are the ones who know the child better than anyone.

If you are finding it difficult to communicate with the teacher, perhaps you should discuss your worries with the headteacher. It is part of a head's job to sort out situations like this, and the teacher needs to be made aware of her bad attitude towards you.

I think you should take some action because your son will be the loser if communication between you and the teacher breaks down completely.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • only49
    Options
    hi joan thank you so much, you summed that up better than i could, :) we are trying to get mediation involved to sort it out but not sure if we will be able to but as one friend said to me and she got a specail needs adult she said i have to be a torn in their side. :) regarding the head teacher she not much better herself :( they reallly want a good sorting out there and i am not about to give in till they do listen my son needs me and i will not let him down.

thanks for listerning

sylvia
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Rehab,

I like the thought of a POST A GRUMP thread.

:? It should have rules cos then we can't moan and already you're discriminating :roll: cos Im quite feminist lol and we all can moan about willies :lol::wink:

:!: :?: :shock:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    post a grump sounds great think rehab should do it as he is so funny and has quick whit so we would be waiting for his replys and thinking up grumps to wind him up lol
    val
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    val
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    hi joan thank you so much, you summed that up better than i could, :) we are trying to get mediation involved to sort it out but not sure if we will be able to but as one friend said to me and she got a specail needs adult she said i have to be a torn in their side. :) regarding the head teacher she not much better herself :( they reallly want a good sorting out there and i am not about to give in till they do listen my son needs me and i will not let him down.

thanks for listerning

sylvia

Contact the Chairman of the School Governors and give them an earful and tell them to sort it out for you as soon as possible. Don't forget that you can also complain to your local County Council as they should be aware of how badly you feel treated.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • only49
    Options
    thats what i like love about this group you cheered me up no end, :D i think my trouble i,m too nice dont like to kick up a stink maybe we might have to, but thank you to everyone it makes me feel so much better a great big hug ((( ))) for everyone who posted to this thread thanks
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,
    My 2 boys are on autistic spectrum. I did send you a PM. I know some good sites to get info and parent partnership is good to phone in relation to schooling. I had an issue with my son- mainstream school and they dropped his IEP meetings from September. I just taken advice to get them reinstated. NAS have a helpline too.
    I had a great meeting yesterday with parents in similar boat to you.Anything you want to ask feel free to PM.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Had a similar issue yesterday Sylvia. We raised £250 for 2 autistic charities inc. sons special school and a respite centre(days out etc) so decided to take cheques along. Unfortunately our son saw us, although we didnt realise this, and cried all afternoon cos we didnt give him a hug and kiss goodbye.
    The teacher then got cross kept phoning and then said she wasnt sending him to cooking club as he was so upset and wouldnt send him next week either cos he would have bad memories!Now I know that my son needed to be told to sit quietly and not make a fuss but they kept pandering to him. He gets an award and lots of praise after he settles.So now teacher is cross and son is unsettled.And I feel guilty....
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

The teacher then got cross kept phoning and then said she wasnt sending him to cooking club as he was so upset and wouldnt send him next week either cos he would have bad memories!

Teachers shouldn't get cross, but should handle situations calmly.

How silly to punish your son for being upset :!: :shock:

You shouldn't be made to feel guilty about something which wasn't your fault.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    This is dreadful psychology Elizabeth. He`ll have bad memories alright. Thinking that needing a kiss and a cuddle brings punishment.

This is the daft thinking from some teachers, who then decide the child needs to see a Counsellor. Half the time it`s the teacher who needs help to understand...........Ange.
  • only49
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    This is dreadful psychology Elizabeth. He`ll have bad memories alright. Thinking that needing a kiss and a cuddle brings punishment.

This is the daft thinking from some teachers, who then decide the child needs to see a Counsellor. Half the time it`s the teacher who needs help to understand...........Ange.

hi i could not adgree more, thats why i am complaning about my sons teacher for she just dont understand and thats why my son feels the way he does because they keep pushing him into things he not happy about, and the reason he feels they way he does because when he was 4 we were moving and had to go back to the house that we had left and i have never seen someone so upset about going into his old home as he was in my life and he never forgoten it and it and everytime we away from home he gets distressed but i know this and am there to reasure him not easy but i do it because i know him..... sylvia
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi thanks Ange and Joan,
    I think the teacher was deciding he didnt want to go to cookery cos he was upset and would still be upset next week. But you cant decide that as it is up to my son. She was very insistant. I am not worried as I shouldnt turn up unannounced to his school and I wont make that mistake again.Next week cookery is cancelled anyway due to parents meetings. My whole life is problems!!!I am so used to it.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Sylvia, you really do have to push this to the absolute limit. NO ONE knows your child -and his needs - like you do. Don`t allow these people to make him unhappy. When he`s home, smother him with love, although I`m sure you do anyway.

Good luck, and keep fighting......Much love......Ange.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,
    Missed your message we must have posted same time. Do PM me if you have anything you want to chat about. I have to go out now but will log on tomorrow.....
    Regards

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    sorry It was Ange who posted not Sylvia,I am in a bit of a hurry to get ready and out!

Take care all
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Oh she did post! Blimey I am in a right muddle today

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein