We've Reached that Age

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 12. Mar 2010, 07:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have told you all about Jacquie. Well there is light at the end of the tunnel there now.

I've told you about Jacquie's mother. Not so good with the light going out on that scene soon.

Another light will be a very close friend of ours. He was in our car clubs and has been part of'Our Gang' for years. We've been all over England together in our little cars. We shall have lost two friends there because there will be his wife. His car has been sold and she will go back to living for her family.

We've lost a lot of our close friends this winter, what with heart, cancer
And then there is the OH. He came back from the hospital today, got to have some more tests, so the Heart Consultant is not too happy because OH has a murmer. He had heart attack 7/8 years ago, but with the medication has got on alright. Then he is waiting for the Day Ward to call him in for what was suppose to be an urgent circumcision of all things. He started bleeding the other week and eventually saw doc who referred him.
Consultant cannot investigate further until this little op is done.

So, yes, I have reached that age, where I am losing close friends, some of them younger than me I shall be 66 this year and after our trip to Norway, which will be our last 'big adventure'. What will be in store for us after that I wonder.

Joy

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joy I know exactly what you mean the older you get the more it happens, make each day count that's all you can do, well that and thank your god if you have one that your around for another day in this mad house, what gets me is so many people seem to think that life revolves around them, they act like they are imortal and important when they arn't either.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Joy,
    I am very envious of your trip to Norway. You must tell us all about it.And as Mellman says live each day to the full. Admire all the beautiful nature and the good peeps who are a big part of your life.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I must say thought that one thing that I do like about age is my view has changed a lot, ok I rant a bit(well a lot!) but the older I get the more I see the true beauty of nature and the more I shake my head at what other humans get up to.
    Theres an old Cree indian saying that sums it up 100% for me and that is this.

not until the last tree has been cut down the last fish caught and the last deer killed will the white man learn that he can't eat money.

Sorry I went off on one a bit then. :mrgreen:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Mel

not until the last tree has been cut down the last fish caught and the last deer killed will the white man learn that he can't eat money.

Sad but true words indeed :!:

But what's all this talk of you getting older :?: You are a spring chicken yet :!: :D Not that you are anywhere near yet, but 60 is the new 40, you know :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi Joy.
    i'm sorry to read about your OH i hope some thing is done for him soon it must be worrying for you both.
    sue and i will be 69 this august.the only trouble is
    in your mind you can do the things but your body wont.
    take care joan xx
    take care
    joan xx