A week's holiday? HA!

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 12. Mar 2010, 02:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello all

Just thought I'd post and let you all know why I've not been on much. It's not because I've had my feet up in Val's Caff or propping up the bar at Rehab's or on the cruise (chance would be a fine thing). It's because I had some annual leave days to take off or lose before the end of March and so I thought this week was as good a week as any to have a "break" while the kids were at school.

Here's what I've done so far and bear in mind it's only Thursday, I haven't had a full week yet:

- Arranged different life insurance cover
- Bought a new computer
- Unpacked new computer
- Repacked new computer and took back to shop when it was found said computer would not switch on (and got very stroppy when asked by 3 different sales assistants if I had tried to plug it into a different outlet)
- Took new computer home and installed it plus software
- Sorted out our old laptop for my eldest to take over - involving reinstalling software, putting on that child protection stuff and very nearly throwing it out of the window when I got cross with it
- Been to a school governors meeting
- Taken my mum to buy choose bathroom cabinets and paint after measuring said bathroom
- Hoovered under the beds, found lots of treasures the girls thought they had lost - this was quite satisfying!
- Cleaned the oven

Tomorrow, I need to:

- Go to a meeting at the bank
- Take my dad to the bank and be his interpreter to open a new account
- Buy a wireless adaptor for the laptop
- Buy the bathroom cabinets and paint mum chose because it wasn't 20% off today but it will be tomorrow!

And then my hubby wonders why I told him to s0d off because he rang to ask this afternoon if I could go buy him a new pressure washer "as you've got time this week"!!!!

And breathe ;-) Hope you're all OK.

Nx

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    think you need a holiday after that!!!!!!
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Is that all :!:
    surely you've still got time to

do the ironing
    walk the dog (neighbour's dog will do)
    clean out the garage
    prune back the shrubs
    do a major food shop

and of course.....buy that d***ed pressure washer. :D :shock: :roll:

You call that a holiday :?: :?:
    should have gone away for the week :!: :!: :!:

Iris x
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I thought a holiday was to rest and recharge your batterys :lol: you will nead another holiday to get over this rate :lol: joanne
    Joanne
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Well I'm impressed. :wink:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Nina

Like most working mothers, you are superwoman and a champion multi-tasker.

When you get any time off, you rush around catching up on all the things you have been meaning to do but haven't had the time. Then you return to work feeling more frazzled than before your ''holiday''.

I hope you will take a bit of time for yourself as well. You deserve it :!: :D

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    yes when i am off i think right will do what ever job then sit down with my book and chill for an hour this way do not feel guilty and get things done but still feel had rest when got sat off work try to go out for day or end up cleaning house or doing washing and weekend gone before you know it lol
    val