Can Eczema be connected??

Options
cutieclaire
cutieclaire Member Posts: 134
I have just been diagnosed with eczema. I have never had anything like this before ever. The GP said I should mention it to the rummy as it might be linked.

Weird how it all of a sudden started now?

Can you enlighten me as to could it be connected?

Thanks

Claire
xx

Comments

• englishrose
    englishrose Member Posts: 99
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have just been diagnosed with eczema. I have never had anything like this before ever. The GP said I should mention it to the rummy as it might be linked.

Weird how it all of a sudden started now?

Can you enlighten me as to could it be connected?

Thanks

Claire
    xx
    Strange thing, I also have just been diagnosed with eczema. Have RA and been on MTX for many years. I also wondered like you if there was any connection.
    Jane
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,510
    Options
    Hi Claire
    Some people get skin rashes with meds for RA, but not usually eczema. It could well just be coincidental but probably best to go along with GP advice and check with rheumy.
    Best wishes
    Paul
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Claire,
    I wonder if the eczema is stress related? I know from your post on the other forum that you've been having a really worrying time at work so maybe there's a link there? might it be worth asking your doc about?

My rheumy is adamant that the inflammatory arthers are affected by stress and partly blames the stress I was under with work issues for aggravating arther........so you can see where I'm making the links!

hope your doc or rheumy can give you some answers.

Irisx
  • cutieclaire
    cutieclaire Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Thank you so much. The doc did mention stress and put it on file as stress to due to work issues.

Thank you all
    xxxx