Dinner Party

Options
moonseed
moonseed Member Posts: 289
edited 13. Mar 2010, 15:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
Afternoon All,

Something I have always wanted to do but due to lack of money and a big house, have not been able to, is to have a dinner party.

I would like to have one on a regular basis, say once a month or something. I would get a professional chef in and do it all properly of course

I would invite a good mixture of people that would invoke exciting discussion, argument and laughter. Basically people that would not normally come into contact with one another. Then I would sit back and enjoy!!

Sean Connery would be at the top of my list, Lord Bath would be another.

I just wondered if you could put a few names forward to help me live my dream in cyber space.

Steph x

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    me!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Steph
    George Clooney...he is so funny, apart from good looking :) what about marco piere white he would be so interesting...really deep and meaningful,can I come has well...sit me between them..oh and i would have amy winehouse, to give us a song.
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well if i had big house and money i would get the gang from here together and we would have all our fav. foods and natter the night away if going to have a posh dinner would rather be surounded by friends
    val
  • barbara12
    Options
    valval wrote:
    well if i had big house and money i would get the gang from here together and we would have all our fav. foods and natter the night away if going to have a posh dinner would rather be surounded by friends
    that would be nice...can George clooney come has well :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    that would be nice...can George clooney come has well :)
    of course so long as he becomes one of the family
    val
  • moonseed
    Options
    It all sounds terrific so far.

Of COURSE you all come too!! Sorry, thought you would have realized that goes without saying.

Would you put any particular questions to these guests..??
    It could get very interesting couldn't it?

I'd like to get Gordon Brown there for 5 minutes (no food though, Just get him drunk) then chuck him out in the street with a bus pass.

Steph
  • valval
    Options
    moonseed wrote:

Of COURSE you all come too!! Sorry, thought you would have realized that goes without saying.

I'd like to get Gordon Brown there for 5 minutes (no food though, Just get him drunk) then chuck him out in the street with a bus pass.

Steph
    no i would make him pay and stand like i have to when buss full of pensioners not paying se how he likes it
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    moonseed wrote:

Steph

yeah and if he gets run over by a bus he can sit with the drunks and all at casulty for 4 hours plus!
  • barbara12
    Options
    moonseed wrote:

Steph
    Love it...but I can think of a few more things we could do to him....before throwing him out :roll: :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • moonseed
    Options
    Come on then Barbara. What else would you do to him?

Steph
  • moonseed
    Options
    valval wrote:
    moonseed wrote:

Steph
    no i would make him pay and stand like i have to when buss full of pensioners not paying se how he likes it

Well, I'm a pensioner and proud of it. At least I've managed to live this long and have dam well earned my bus pass!! And I have definitely earned the right not to pay either.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    valval wrote:

I will get my coat, won't be long. Me too by my friends.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    valval wrote:

I will get my coat, won't be long. Me too by my friends.

and me :!: Irisx
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I love to cook, but I haven't done a dinner party for years. Instead I do Sunday lunch once a month for my family and they reciprocate with a Sunday breakfast once per month. I get to practise different menus and it all seems to go down well, it think :D
    can i come will be good honest mind you no trains out of here sunday am so could be a prob. unless you eat after 5pm
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I keep thinking I would like to do a dinner party, like you but we are so busy on other things. I shall do it and I shall certainly invite you all.
    We tend to have big BBQ parties in the summer and that's enough and expensive too. I always put too much food on. go overboard.

Joy
  • barbara12
    Options
    moonseed wrote:
    Come on then Barbara. What else would you do to him?

Steph
    I would get a life ban, from this lovely forum.... :roll: :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    I love to cook, but I haven't done a dinner party for years. Instead I do Sunday lunch once a month for my family and they reciprocate with a Sunday breakfast once per month. I get to practise different menus and it all seems to go down well, it think :D
    can i come will be good honest mind you no trains out of here sunday am so could be a prob. unless you eat after 5pm
    You are invited to Sunday dinner Val, at around 6pm because almost son in law and eldest granddaughter are going to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Brum, so it's a late dinner
    On the menu Leg of Lamb coated in a butter, garlic and rosemary or stuffed Chicken Breasts and the trimmings, (eldest granddaughter loves chicken)

Pudding, Home made Apple Pie and ice- cream

A cheeky little Chardonnay
    Fresh Coffee and cream

In fact you are all welcome

:D
    well was going to do steak and kidney pie but fell asleep and burnt the meat boiled dry oops must have been asleep ages so no food lol and yours sounds great but would not do the coffee love the smell but can not drink it
    val