psoriatic arthritis

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
Hi

When you have a moment do you think you miht be able to help me?

I was diagnosed with this but never had any skin problems at all, until the other week

My ear broke out at first it was skin and flakey bits. Then I had the ear go scabby and sore.

My hubby got some cream and I have been using it.

I thought it had all cleared up. Now it looks alright but it is painful. I just cannot think what is causing the pain. If I turn my head when I sleep the pain can wake me up. The pain is only on the part which was affected.

Is this a normal occurance?

Thank You

Trisher x

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Trish,

Sorry your ear is giving you grief. Mine do that from time to time but the only place i have ever had the skin thing is my elbows and my Rumo said the pain I get it to do with the cartilage in the ear lobe. I use a hot water bottle on mine...... Its possibly not the best way :wink: I also keep them wrapped against the cold when they are kicking up.

It might not be the same thing and I know I have been lucky with the skin side of things as well. I wonder what did your doctor make of your ear? I never seen anyone for the skin.... well the doctors I use are hardly likely to deem it necessary but the Rumo says I ought to have done. I think if its not controlled bone wise the skin is also not as good. I just don't really understand any of it really :roll:

Leaving you a ((( ))) and a hope it will all calm down for you soon. Cris xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Trish,

this sounds as though you need to see the doc or the rheumy for advice and maybe see if you need different meds?

I have PsA but never had the raging skin disease either...just one itsy bitsy area the size of a bean on my left elbow and now dodgy nails.
    My sister and niece have the psoriasis but not the arther..weird isn't it....but they sometimes have to have an antibiotic as the skin breaks around the psoriasis and is then open to infection. so I wonder if that's what's happened to you? maybe the outer skin in front of your ear has healed over and enclosed an area of infection and that's why it's so painful?

sounds sore Trish...best get it checked out. Hope you feel better soon. Iris x :roll: :wink:
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,510
    Options
    Hi Trisher, thank you for your posting, I am sorry to hear your ear is giving you such trouble. As what has been kindly suggested it would be best to speak to your GP or rheumatologist to get it checked out if you are still in pain. Also maybe asking why it has occurred now?
    Best wishes
    Jaslin
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Trisher, thank you for your posting, I am sorry to hear your ear is giving you such trouble. As what has been kindly suggested it would be best to speak to your GP or rheumatologist to get it checked out if you are still in pain. Also maybe asking why it has occurred now?
    Best wishes
    Jaslin

Hi Thank you for replying though. Seeing them on Thursday.

Trisher x