what did you get for mothers day

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 15. Mar 2010, 05:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
well i got the potting compost i wanted rather larger bag than i thought of lol and lovely card both from youngest son. oldest son got me a bagpuss mug and a cute dog i can micro wave got it on my back now (he does not do cards) so come on who got what .
val

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sarah (3yrs old) made me a card at preschool last week, this morning she gave me a card and some sweets and wished me a happy birthday!!
    ellie (11yrs old) gave me a card, some sweets and some daffodils.

sue
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    I got a homemade card from my son Harri (5) and a card from all three boys, 2 separate potted plants for my kitchen window and a box of Ferror Roche (cos I love 'em!!)

and best of all..... a day off, from my wonderful hubby who has done absolutely everything today from making all the brews to cooking all the meals and looking after our boys while I relax :D

Caroline x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    I got a flowering cherry tree (always wanted one) from my daughter Gillian, her hubby Jon and the boys Thomas (4) and Matthew (7)

...oh and the 'Broons book O Gardenin Wisdoms'......funny, quirky and very scottish
    Jon, lovely man, planted the tree for me straight away. Mat and Tom 'helped' and squealed with delight when they found a small toad under a stone.

My daughter Carol and her children Hannah (17) and Calum (15) came and picked me up...dogs and all...and we went out to lunch followed by a walk along the canal..with the dogs of course jumping in and out of the water, soaking us all into the bargain! much laughter and happiness. Carol bought me flowers, chocs and new PJ s.

My sons sent texts (don't do cards) and son Ric is making dinner tonight.

Had a lovely day with the people I love most in the world....couldn't ask or want more than that . Iris x
  • valval
    Options
    suzster wrote:
    sarah (3yrs old) made me a card at preschool last week, this morning she gave me a card and some sweets and wished me a happy birthday!!
    ellie (11yrs old) gave me a card, some sweets and some daffodils.

sue
    used to love them they r so special and when you go back years later they so nice to see how writting changing you did well for sweets , having boys do not get flowers they just do not think of them lol
    val
  • valval
    Options
    I got a homemade card from my son Harri (5) and a card from all three boys, 2 separate potted plants for my kitchen window and a box of Ferror Roche (cos I love 'em!!)

and best of all..... a day off, from my wonderful hubby who has done absolutely everything today from making all the brews to cooking all the meals and looking after our boys while I relax :D

Caroline x
    that sounds perfect so glad such a good day
    val
  • valval
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    I got a flowering cherry tree (always wanted one) from my daughter Gillian, her hubby Jon and the boys Thomas (4) and Matthew (7)

...oh and the 'Broons book O Gardenin Wisdoms'......funny, quirky and very scottish
    Jon, lovely man, planted the tree for me straight away. Mat and Tom 'helped' and squealed with delight when they found a small toad under a stone.

My daughter Carol and her children Hannah (17) and Calum (15) came and picked me up...dogs and all...and we went out to lunch followed by a walk along the canal..with the dogs of course jumping in and out of the water, soaking us all into the bargain! much laughter and happiness. Carol bought me flowers, chocs and new PJ s.

My sons sent texts (don't do cards) and son Ric is making dinner tonight.

Had a lovely day with the people I love most in the world....couldn't ask or want more than that . Iris x
    iris you r so lucky what a great day and so much love bet you sleep well tonight
    val
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    I don't have children but from my lovely cat (I am her Mummy after all) I got a CD and from Allan I got a lovely plant and chocolate cake.

Anne
  • valval
    Options
    annebr wrote:
    I don't have children but from my lovely cat (I am her Mummy after all) I got a CD and from Allan I got a lovely plant and chocolate cake.

Anne
    hi that great did she go get it all by her self :D:D:D bet you shared the chocolate cake
    val
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Allan has had one slice to me five!

She sent her Daddy to get the presents.

anne
  • valval
    Options
    annebr wrote:
    Allan has had one slice to me five!

She sent her Daddy to get the presents.

anne
    knew cats were clever bet he even paid lol and wrapped it did he do paw print on a card if not he slipping
    val
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi all, Happy Mothers Day.

I hope all you mum's had a good day, aren't those cards the little ones do so sweet! :D Lovely to keep and treasure forever. Do hope hubbies treated you from a day off from the chores if they could too.
    Val glad you got your compost at least the son was listening. You will like this one Val. A young man in the bookshop today was wanting to by his mum some books but she couldn't decide which to have. So he bought her a gift voucher. She neary passed out when she saw he had put £100 on it. :shock: What a lovely young man, mum was so thrilled and how nice she can spend it through the year when she chooses.
    Chris
  • valval
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Hi all, Happy Mothers Day.

I hope all you mum's had a good day, aren't those cards the little ones do so sweet! :D Lovely to keep and treasure forever. Do hope hubbies treated you from a day off from the chores if they could too.
    Val glad you got your compost at least the son was listening. You will like this one Val. A young man in the bookshop today was wanting to by his mum some books but she couldn't decide which to have. So he bought her a gift voucher. She neary passed out when she saw he had put £100 on it. :shock: What a lovely young man, mum was so thrilled and how nice she can spend it through the year when she chooses.
    Chris
    wish i worked in a book shop we do not even have one here just w h smi** mind you would spend all my money on the books what a nice son
    val
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    A young man in the bookshop today was wanting to by his mum some books but she couldn't decide which to have. So he bought her a gift voucher. She neary passed out when she saw he had put £100 on it. :shock: What a lovely young man, mum was so thrilled and how nice she can spend it through the year when she chooses.
    Chris

Wow Chris ... as you say ... what a lucky mum!

I'm glad you had something positive to think about today - was thinking of you.

I was surprised this morning by hubby who got me a card & a box of M&S chocs & littlelegs had used her treats money to buy me a card and a book about another special dog. And ... in the post came a card which my dad sent which was also from the dog ... she was busy planning :wink::lol:
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I had a beautiful card made by my grandson Ryan. It was lovely.

My family all went away well fed and very happy and with a promise from me that the boys could come over for a sleepover during the school holidays. I must be a glutton for punishment, as the saying goes.

I love having them and when the two eldest are not being bothered by the youngest, they are fine. Well, that's kids for you.

Glad you all had a lovely day.

Joy
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 14. Mar 2010, 19:53
    Options
    An enjoyable weekend. Vouchers from my daughter with very touching words in a card and phone call today.

Little grand daughter stole the show with us earlier today - 6 hours of sheer bliss. She was sleeping for 2 of them but even so. :lol: Walked into town with her, well most of the way but we took the buggy and so touching to see all the simple things that gave her such pleasure, the leaves blowing along the pavement, finding one puddle, walking up and down all the slopes she could find, touching all the fences and walls, chattering away. Received a card from my son and told I was a "cracking mum" :lol::lol: a framed mosaic photo of grand daughter, chocs and a beautiful flower windmill to add to my collection in the garden.

Seeing my mum later on in the day and helping her out with a few chores.

Back to normal tomorrow and a visit to the knee consultant.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    annebr wrote:

Anne

Hi Anne

Nice to see you again Oh course the chocci cake. How are you?
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    My boys got me some books 2 lovely cards and Mark my youngest made my breakfast. Went to see my mum before she went out to see her mum. Had a lovely dinner and then spent the evening reading :)
    Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • valval
    Options
    well i think we are all very lucky even the weather shone for us . thankyou for shareing your day with us ,so many happy people it does not take much just a bit of card with a picture or few words means the world to us all and the hugs that went with them :D:D:D:D
    val