A random photo of my last scooter

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 15. Mar 2010, 17:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi my mum rides a scooter still bless her (73).
was at work yesterday am and heard the reving of engines and a load of mod type scooters came past .some of them all done up with mirrors and all great sight
val

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    thanks Delboy,

OH has 2 lambrettas,2 smallframe vespas( one is mine but doubt I will ride it again) a Gilera Runner and a few others in bits and pieces.One has taken up residence in the front room as the garage is so full.

Hi Val, your mum would be welcome to join the mods/scooterists. I know a few around the same age still go on rallies.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    What your a mod!?
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    valval wrote:
    was at work yesterday am and heard the reving of engines and a load of mod type scooters came past .some of them all done up with mirrors and all great sight

Really Val. I know you would not tell a fib. Do you go on it? Did she use to be a Mod?

There used to be Mod's and Rockers. They had their hair like they do today they were called skin heads.

I remember being young and a whole gang of them stopped in the road (is known as the A205) The Skinheads were one end the Rockers were the other

There were police in the middle trying to stop them fighting.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    The man that organises the Easter egg run to Manchester children's hospital...live just down the road from us...there are hundreds of scooters go past our house at Easter...it is well worth seeing :D
    Barbara.
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Nice one Del

You feeling random today then???

Toni x
  • tkachev
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    The man that organises the Easter egg run to Manchester children's hospital...live just down the road from us...there are hundreds of scooters go past our house at Easter...it is well worth seeing :D
    Barbara.

Hi his name is Ginger.I have been caught up in the middle of a fight where Ginge and some other guy were starting!(not anything to do with me). It is Bolton. Is that the same Easter egg run. Thousands attend every year.
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Barbara.

Hi his name is Ginger.I have been caught up in the middle of a fight where Ginge and some other guy were starting!(not anything to do with me). It is Bolton. Is that the same Easter egg run. Thousands attend every year.
    Elizabeth
    Hi Elizebeth...thats the one...ginge..I couldnt remember his name.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

His missus had a double knee op in November but I hear they have split up after years together.Lovely timing.

Elizabeth xxx

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    Well I never, you know more then me...are you into scooters then..and come on what was the fight about
    Barbara.
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    Options
    Yes we have both been into scooters since late 70s. Kate Kelly OH is too.

I was just standing in the corridor and all hell broke out around me.I am only 5.2 and in those days 7 stone so I got out of the way quick.I seem to remember it carried on in the camp site too.
    i know Ginge by sight and would say hi but he wouldnt know me by name.My nickname is Sam he certainly wouldnt call me Elizabeth!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Yes we have both been into scooters since late 70s. Kate Kelly OH is too.

I was just standing in the corridor and all hell broke out around me.I am only 5.2 and in those days 7 stone so I got out of the way quick.I seem to remember it carried on in the camp site too.
    i know Ginge by sight and would say hi but he wouldnt know me by name.My nickname is Sam he certainly wouldnt call me Elizabeth!

Elizabeth
    Brilliant ....I know him by sight...but not to talk to...I know there must be alot of happy faces at the hospital..In the 60s I was a mod..and member of a group of about 20..those where the days..I dont think I could get on a scooter now :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Barbara,
    I cannot get on a scooter now either. Sadly I have to stay at home a lot due to ill health and babysitting. The OH still goes out and abouton his scooters.
    Elizabeth xx

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    valval wrote:

Really Val. I know you would not tell a fib. Do you go on it? Did she use to be a Mod?

There used to be Mod's and Rockers. They had their hair like they do today they were called skin heads.

I remember being young and a whole gang of them stopped in the road (is known as the A205) The Skinheads were one end the Rockers were the other

There were police in the middle trying to stop them fighting.

to tell the truth i can not even ride a push bike mum thinks i am bit soft lol but will get mob scooter when need one can not wait to play chicken with those that been trying to run me over for years lol
    val
  • fourferrets
    fourferrets Member Posts: 44
    Options
    I was learning to ride a motorcycle (aged 37!) when I was diagnosed with RA. I went on and did my test (nearly 2 years ago now)

This is my little bike.
    http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo53/ferretmonsters/zebra ninja seat/?action=view&current=ninjaa2.jpg

It's a little 250. Some days I can ride it, other days I can barely pull my socks up :P

I also have a 650, but the little black thing is what I've been riding mostly.
  • valval
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    A random photo of my current ride

1992_vn750.jpg
    liking this shame i to scared to ride on one
    val
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi Folks,
    As Elizabeth says my O/H is into scooters too. I've just asked him if he knows Ginger and he does. The Easter egg Run that he organises is recognised by The Lambretta Club of Great Britain and is a signing on event (each member gets points for 'signing on' at the event). O/H says his real name is Kevin Lawton.
    We have a garage full of Lambrettas in various states of repair. My poor old Dad would turn in his grave- he used to race Nortons!!!- from one extreme to the other- then again he would like what Hubby has done to his Lambretta- there aren't many of them around that can do in excess of 80 mph!!!
    Kate x