Politics

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 16. Mar 2010, 07:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is anyone into politics given there is a general election coming I know it can be a thorny subject but find some of it intersting anyone else????

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    must admit have always voted but this time find i am not interesed they all say the same look the same so to be honest have paid no attention at all sorry
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    I used to be surprised when people didnt vote but i feel that way now. Politicians of all parties say we want to e.g. be firm on crime but thats all they do, talk no action.....
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    What about the winter fuel allowance this government has bought in? What about the minimum wage? What about pension credits? Stuff like this actually affects more people than crime. I haven't been a victim of crime for years.
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    I was a trade unionist and when people said about politicians theyr all the same I would scoff and urge members to vote the right way to protect their jobs and labour got in instead of tories and those members jobs were to be privatised under labour i had egg on my face now i think theyr all the same and devoid of any everyday problems.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I feel so Disgusted with it all, we have watched these people stuff their pockets full of cash even as the good ship SS UK sinks in a sea of debt, even now they just don’t get it, what ever happened to politicians who did the best for us the people who pay their wages?, Winston Churchill said when the PM stood down he was with him and the inner circle and felt as if this one moment was pre ordained as if god had put him their in that room, he said the feeling was so strong it was almost overwhelming, and thank god he was we wouldn’t probably be here now, I know he wasn’t perfect but cometh the hour cometh the man and thank god he did.
    Sadly anyone of any integrity doesn’t have a hope in hell of being able to help those needing assistance, take Mo Mowlam a true and honest person who did her best for us all, yet as soon as she had managed to get a peace agreement in Ireland Tony Bliar moved her and put the dark prince Voldemert aka Mandelson in her place say’s it all really.
    These day’s our so called leaders are just professional criminals in a suit nothing more, they are only interested in power and all the luxury they can squeeze out of it by fair means or foul.
    We have been through so much change over the years and what have we got for it?, I’ll tell you taxed and worked to the hilt, our roads and general infrastructure are collapsing, anything of any worth has been flogged off yet we are now being made to pay for it’s up grading it’s madness.
    Today we are over crowded and also bankrupt, and have a bigger debt than that owed to the US after the 2nd world war, our kids will never pay it off, immigration has always been a benefit to our small island when done correctly it’s not the colour of a persons skin that is the issue it’s the content of their character that’s important, this has somehow been forgotten, today our streets are awash with crime gangs drug pushers terrorists some home grown some not, yet the very people who deserve the right to come and live here i.e. the Ghurkhas weren’t even entitled to settle here even after serving and sometimes dieing for us. Whatever happened to a land fit for heroes then?
    More worrying those who had been injured in Iraq and Afghanistan weren’t even allowed back in here for treatment but were routinely deported, Jesus what a way to treat our friends, and still politicians wonder why the average citizen is so demoralised that they can’t be arsed to vote, and when they do more and more vote for radical fringe groups like the BNP, they blame everything and everyone but themselves for the problem they alone have created.
    There is an old saying the states the last man who entered the House of Commons with honourable intent was Oliver Cromwell, how true.
    God that’s me spleen well and truly vented.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Oh Mell

Hope you feel better you have said here what many of us think. That recent prog on Mo Mowlam was good she really was a star eh. I used to use my vote to support the person I wanted to represent me, now I vote for the person I least despise, sad eh! :roll:
    I do intent to vote since some poor lass threw herself infront of a horse to earn me one but how do I decide??? :? :?
    Trouble is where I live, this has been a safe seat for as long as I can remember, until we proportional representation I honestly feel my vote doesn't count one iota.

Chris
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    sally36 wrote:
    What about the winter fuel allowance this government has bought in? What about the minimum wage? What about pension credits? Stuff like this actually affects more people than crime. I haven't been a victim of crime for years.

Winterfuel allowance paid to some people who dont need it-the money that is- and spend it on luxuries.....whilst some arthritis suffers who worry about cost of fuel cant afford to have the heat on....
    pension credits - paid to some who didnt make provisions whilst working
    I think whoever runs the country if youre at the bottom of the social scale youre okay as you get benefit and if youe at the top youre uneffected either, its ones in the middle who feel the effects.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    just had letter from my so called local counceler he lives 2 1/2 miles away on posh estate what does he know about where we live nothing straight in bin it went lol
    val