edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    Oh Mellman
    That guy is a total ******* :!:
    Why dont you look down the route of bullying & harassement
    He should not be allowed to treat you like this & get away with it
    Talk abt kicking you when you are down!
    I dont like going into work at min & dreading seeing my Bitch of a boss on Monday but she is no way as evil as this guy is!
    He is probably doing it to get you out without paying you a penny through ill health retirement!
    Keep strong
    Thinking of you
    Love Maria x

This is just the pits Mellman :!:

I agree with everything Maria has said......surely he cannot get away with treating you this way . :?: :shock:

What about raising a grievance against him?? do you have anyone who's witnessed how he has been treating you. :?:

As Maria said ...don't let him make you walk out the door...that would be falling into a trap and would undo any chance of getting retirement on ill health, if that's what's ahead for you.......although constructive dismissal might be another option...

It is all so STRESSFUL......

wish I could do something to help :(:(

but all we can do is listen and support you. Iris xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Iris Maria and all it's going to be a real crazy week, company doc on Tuesday at 12 then going to see my GP at 4 and on Wednesday am seeing union chap!.
    Mind you one little bit of good news, they basically had a pop at me for not seeking training for my new enforced role, now company doc covered me under the DDA and I have been having a look at it and under discrimination it states the company should arrange any training you might need for your new postion, they haven't and never have, I managed to get my line manager to show me the basics after I lost it after I was moved into an office and left on my own so that's a bit of luck.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hope that you are about to turn a corner with this mellman!

you deserve to be treated better than you have been and if it means forcing them to take notice by threatening action under DDA and equality law then more power to your elbow!
    The union should be doing more and have access to legal advice about employers' duties under DDA and what can be done if they don't act fairly or discriminate against you....so pin that union rep guy down and tell him to get his finger out!!!!
    you have clear evidence of discrimination ...especially by that boss of yours....and now they have failed to follow the simplest of duties when asking you to do a job without support or training. Under DDA you are entitled to so much more mellman!
    a lot depends on what you want to do next mellman and only you know what is right for you..no-one has the right to judge any one of us for the decisions we make and no two 'cases' are the same.

knowledge is power and the more you know about DDA the better your position. the 'Equality and Human Rights' website has some great information about DDA and how to prove your case that I used again and again in my battle with my employers, Occy health and HR.

I really wish you well mellman...hope this week goes your way. if I can help in any way...shout! Irisx
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi all still going on at work right now, line manager is being a real **** to me trying to make out I haven't been pro active enough in my new role driving a desk, Jesus he's a horible man, anyway I had a real bad night post meeting,I'm not sure if it was the meds plus stress or what but I found myself awake at 4am in a dead panic, I totally freaked out I just had this feeling of total dread about what was going to happen to me.
    I txt'd a work freind and I e mailed the union rep saying I couldn't take anymore of it, I felt so confused I didn't know what was going on for a bit, at one point I nearly went outside just so I could get away into the dark to hide, really mad stuff!.
    Anyway I went back to bed took 2 nytols and got up arond 08.30, the wife managed to get me to go back to work although I felt really distant and confused, the union chap was worried I was going to go bye bye big time sat me down and sorted me head out for me, so feeling a bit better I started to do my work for the day then up pops the bloody grim fecking reaper aka captain **** himself, he had come to give me a letter about our meeting, he wanted me to sign it there and then but I fefused,thank god I did, to say it was inacurate would be a bloody understatment, bottom line is he is as I said before now trying to make out I have been very negative about work and training in general, not bad for somone who told me that there is a freeze on the training budget.
    I'm just so pissed off with the guy's attitude, ever since I got ill he's made it a personal crusade of his to get me sacked.
    Anyway I am off to see the company doc on tuesday to discuse ill health retirment, if that fails it's incapability for yours trully, how much more I can take before I pop is anyones guess,if I'm still around next week I'll let you know but I keep getting this image of me dressesd like Baldrick with a pair of underpants on my head and two pencils up me nose shouting wibble!. :shock:

Good luck Tuesday,if you get offered ill health retirement and it suits you take it.If they go down the inefficiency root they should tell you why you don't qualify for the retirement package.
    Its your right to appeal and they have to pay you while you appeal so go for it but as i have said before prepare for the worst tomorrow that dda is not worth the paper its written on i'm afraid. :cry:
  • mellman01
    Options
    Thanks chap will do, only thing the DDA will do is get him off my back when it comes to him moaning that I haven't helped by seeking training, part 2 section 6 sub section f states they should assess and offer any training for me in my new role, they didn't even when I asked all I got was half an hour with my line manager.
    the only time in 16 months.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Just wishing you all the luck in the world for today i hope everything goes your way x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Just wishing you all the luck in the world for today i hope everything goes your way x
  • mellman01
    Options
    Good god guy's and galls what a bloody strange day that's been!,I don't know if I can post to much on here as it's all gone really politicle, I have caused an international crissis just by getting ill, the bottom line is our HR department is totally insaine and is now on course for a serious company wide fight. :oops:
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    In your favour or against?

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Good god guy's and galls what a bloody strange day that's been!,I don't know if I can post to much on here as it's all gone really politicle, I have caused an international crissis just by getting ill, the bottom line is our HR department is totally insaine and is now on course for a serious company wide fight. :oops:
    You got um thinking mel...good luck
    Barbara.
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:

What happened mellman? you've got us all on tenterhooks :shock:

Iris x
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi Dorcas and all, I'm not posting it directly on here at the mo but anyone of those on here I know of and who know me I will e mail them the story so far, this may come over as a tad paranoid but right now but after this morning I'm now not sure what is reallity!, and if I post openly what I need to so you can all understand what is going on anyone who works for the company will know exactly who I am so I will only e mail those on here I know.
    Just e mail me and I will respond OK.
  • dorcas
    Options
    ok mellman,

understood
    Iris x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options