Hello all

anniemae
anniemae Member Posts: 5
edited 18. Mar 2010, 19:08 in Say Hello Archive
My name is anniemae I am 45 years old with two teenagers. I was first diagnosed with OA in my knees and ankle about two years ago. I took different type of medication some made me feel sick, some give me asthma attacks and others made me feel as if I was seeing things. Then last year I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

Anytime I went to see the GP or consultants all I was told if I lose weight that this would help my pain. All I knew was that I wasn't sleeping at night and come the day I was in constant pain. I have had steriod inj in my knees and ankle and they actually did help for a good while - during that time I could exercise and feel good about myself. Unfortunately I have had a real bad flare up these past few months and tried anti-inflammatory tablets Naproxen and strong painrelief. These tablets didn't make much difference so I ended up with steriod inj into the ankle. It was the worst pain I have ever had and it doesn't seem to have worked. Seen my gp today and she put me back onto Naproxen as these are the only tablets my body can tolerate. Sorry this has gone on for so long. Hopefully chatting to others will help me get out of this down mood. Thanks for reading this.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hello Aniemae
    I have just answered your other post, just to say a very warm welcome to this forum, you will get all the support you need, and they are a friendly lot.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon .
    You take care
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hi Anniemae from another Annie.

I don't have OA, have inflammatory arther, but these down moods hit us all and this long cold winter hasn't helped either.

Do come along in a join in with us, mad light relief on the Chit Chat zone or more serious questions and queries on the LWA forum.

Hope to see you around.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi

A big warm welcome from me. The people on here are very supportive offering tips and advice. Most of that is on LWA zone.

We also like to relax a bit from arthur so we go to the CChat zone wher there are many topics going.

You will be welcome to post anywhere and I hope to see you do that soon.

Trish xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi anniemae

Very pleased to meet you.

You are so welcome to the forums.

Everyone is great here - so suppotive and full of ieas to help each other as well as sometimes just having a laugh :D

I look forward to seeing you posting

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    welcome annimae -
    I have not long been a member of the forum and people have already offered advice and kind words, it is a great forum and everyone is here to help and support each other.
    xx Bubbles.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).