i know a person

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 18. Mar 2010, 09:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi

i know a person who dont seem to either understand the word NO
or something c001.gif I have had to send a email today explain reason why i said no and hopefully she might understand what no means c008.gif
as margaret thatcher once said " this lady not for turning "

c015.gif
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    not getting this but do like it :D:D:D
    val
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Cryptic, can I be nosy and ask what they want?
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Is this a guessing game ?
    or ____ is everyone else knowing what this is about and im not knowing what you are knowing and im not knowing what everyone else is knowing and i missed what ever it is you are knowing and what everyone else is knowing and im left not knowing. :lol: If its a guessing game i havent a clue therefore i am not knowing so i am sorry for not knowing what you are knowing and im sorry im not knowing what everyone else is knowing and im sorry im not knowing what i dont know and also not having a clue therefore not knowing thank you :lol: from joanne
    Joanne
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    Is this a guessing game ?
    or ____ is everyone else knowing what this is about and im not knowing what you are knowing and im not knowing what everyone else is knowing and i missed what ever it is you are knowing and what everyone else is knowing and im left not knowing. :lol: If its a guessing game i havent a clue therefore i am not knowing so i am sorry for not knowing what you are knowing and im sorry im not knowing what everyone else is knowing and im sorry im not knowing what i dont know and also not having a clue therefore not knowing thank you :lol: from joanne

Hi Joanne

Now I have a headache and still don't know who knows :wink:

Trish x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

I'm another who k035.gif Cris x

Hi Joanne,

that's made it crystal clear..... as long as tis a mud crystal :lol::lol::lol: xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    hi

i know a person who dont seem to either understand the word NO
    or something c001.gif I have had to send a email today explain reason why i said no and hopefully she might understand what no means c008.gif
    as margaret thatcher once said " this lady not for turning "

c015.gif

Was she a politician wanting your vote :?: In that case, well done for saying no :!:
    c038.gif
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Was it someone who wants you to lend them money?
    Was it someone who wants you to go to a party.

I can't fink anymore goodnight. :D
  • only49
    Options
    valval wrote:
    not getting this but do like it :D:D:D

sorry to confuse you all, my sons teacher at school is the person i was meaning so sorry to confuse you all, :( she a thinks know's better about my son than i do and i'm and she thinks she can order us about and she cant we trying to keep strong against these kin of people easier said than done. :)
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Teachers are not Lifestyle Coaches or Dictators with unlimited powers, they are paid by you and work for you. They can make suggestions that, as you are their employer you don't have to listen to, so you are right to say no if you wish.

If they play up too much, don't hesitate to report them for harassment, which usually shuts them up.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Teachers are not Lifestyle Coaches or Dictators with unlimited powers, they are paid by you and work for you. They can make suggestions that, as you are their employer you don't have to listen to, so you are right to say no if you wish.

If they play up too much, don't hesitate to report them for harassment, which usually shuts them up.

Joseph 8)

Ouch, Joseph :!: This all sounds a bit anti-teacher, which I don't think you are.

I can't comment on a situation I know nothing about, but most teachers I know work very hard to maintain a good relationship with parents in the best interests of the children in their care.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Ouch, Joseph :!: This all sounds a bit anti-teacher, which I don't think you are.
    Joan
    Definitely not anti-teacher, but they are there to teach children and many children are not achieving their potential. Is it due to being sidetracked by all the box ticking, useless paperwork or distraction by trying to run everyone's lives for them?

When 'half of all pupils leave school unable to read or write properly'*, then something has gone drastically wrong with the system and teachers claim to be at the heart of the system. I am sure that we can all think of myriad cures for the problems but it doesn't help in this case.
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23619458-half-of-pupils-leave-school-unable-to-read-write-or-add-properly.do

There are excellent teachers and some really crap ones and in this particular situation the parents should have the support of the school, not their unhelpful arrogance of, 'We Know What Is Good For You'.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well was football and some one told me that lad over there is a maths teacher at the comprehensive he used to attend. he same age as my youngest and it very young to have the future of others in your hand i am not saying he will not be a good teacher but he still looks like a child him self. i just hope the school has a good balance between young and experianced teachers as bad ones can cause so many problems
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Well said Joseph!. :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Sylvia

just want to say 'well done' for asserting yourself. nOt easy is it :)

But you dun it :)

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Well said Joseph!. :)
    i dont think she would stand a chance with joseph can you imagine it, we all be like a picket line going go joseph go, you got to laugh :lol: or as the saying goes laughter is supposed to be the best medicine and its free :lol: feeling much better :D we could all do with a joseph especailly with the lot of them up here the local council think they are god and i know the orcadians that live here think the same, but they good at moaning and doing nothing about it, hence why during the last snow spell we had last month i emailed them at told them off in a nice way and then email the local paper about it, i was so annoyed
  • only49
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Sylvia

just want to say 'well done' for asserting yourself. nOt easy is it :)

But you dun it :)

Love

Toni xx
    hi toni i can when i get really really anoyed but i have to stop and think but some people just rubs us up the wrong way, i love listening to a song called some people cliff richard sings it if you listen to it its so true.

that was my new years ressolution to not be pushed about not easy as i have a brotherlaw i can practice on, and he should be ashamed of himself he may have some medical issues but his is alot more able to do more for himself than i can and would love to be able to walk the distances he can, but he bone idle and lays about on his bed all day, his trouble he dont know how lucky he is, better stop there otherwise i sound like another joseph ha ha got to stand up for ourselfs :lol: