English defence league

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 19. Mar 2010, 08:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
Who are the English defence league, all the schools in and around Bolton have been warned not to to go into the town centre on Saturday...my grandchildren are worried sick...they think we are having some sort of war...they are also expecting the anti nazi league, and coach loads of police..what is this country coming to... :roll:
Love
Barbara

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think i know what you mean but arent they called something else....which i have forgotton but English something league?...it is probably some sort of rally???
    Best to avoid town i would have thought as even peaceful rallies can turn into problems.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Barbara

I googled it love, :shock: could be contentious so do hope there is no trouble locally for you. I would certainly stay home.
    Chris
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi oneday,chris and rehab
    Thankyou for your replys....children dont understand what is going on, they have read the letters from school, and are worried sick about it..I do hope it is peaceful.
    Barbara..
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi oneday,chris and rehab
    Thankyou for your replys....children dont understand what is going on, they have read the letters from school, and are worried sick about it..I do hope it is peaceful.
    Barbara..
    Not a chance in hell of it being peaceful, the object is confrontation with other groups, the more violence the better.
    Keep kids well away from it and yourself of course!
    Thanks for your concern ...all the shops are closing..and all taxis will stop running after midnight tonight..fingers crossed :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    OMG

Barbara

Please stay safe.

Love

Toni xx( a little bit worried)
  • barbara12
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    OMG

Barbara

Please stay safe.

Love

Toni xx( a little bit worried)
    Thankyou Toni...we live a couple of miles out of town..but one of the main roads in, runs across the top of ours, it wouldn't normally worry me like this, it is the thought of my grandchildren being so scared .
    I also feel sorry for all the shop keepers that are having to close for the day, I do hope the police manage to contain it. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

They are travelling around....next stop Dudley on the 4th April and then to my old home town Aylesbury.
    Try not to worry and keep out of town and you should be okay but of course these things can get out of hand
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein