Dumb & Dumber

Options
dorcas
dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
edited 19. Mar 2010, 13:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
This morning this sun is shining, the birds are singing and so I thought ' great! I'll take my two labs, Ruby and Jakey- boy out to the park'. What could be nicer than that?

Took a bit of planning as my hands are not working and I can't hold leashes... but once we got there I went off the main path to let them run and avoid meeting other dogs..... big mistake :shock:

Lost my footing didn't I? and fell into a ditch.......arms flailing, legs akimbo...very ladylike, I don't think.

Ruby, whose intelligence does not match her instincts, decided she needed to DO SOMETHING...so jumped into the ditch and lay on top of me! I now have 30Kgs of yellow lab on top sealing me into this filthy runnel .

Jakey-boy, who thinks he's a chihuahua and can't jump, began pacing up and down crying like a baby. (he suffers from separation anxiety too, having been a neglected, beat up, rescue dog)....
only problem is that he also drools when he gets anxious and felt it his doggam duty to put his head into the ditch and slobber all over my face! Yughhhh!

Luckily for me another doggy walker found me and pulled me out.

So we're all home.....I'm filthy, wet, slobbered on and bruised. Great start to the day! Iris x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Awwww Iris
    I will try and not laugh..but you describe it so well...those lovely dogs of yours thinking they were doing what was was best..they are so loyal.
    I do hope you are alight..you take it easy for a bit and put something on those bruises
    Lots of gentle hugs(((((((()))))))
    Barbaraxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I really shouldn't laugh should I ? But the whole image in my head is so funny.

But I am glad that you are ok and sufferedno long term damage.. I loved the description of your dog's characters :D

Are you all cleaned up and feeling better now?

Hi rehab! yes am ok..only my dignity suffered :oops:

They really are that dumb :roll: but they say dogs are like their owners so I shouldn't be surprised. :lol:

Ruby is like Miss Piggy from the Muppets....full of herself and a real diva at times.
    Jakey boy, who'is a huge chocolate- lab, really does believe he can't jump...won't even attempt to get into the hatchback..and until I could no longer manage it, I had to lift his back legs in for him!

They are pair of numpties...but great fun! glad I brightened your day...Iris x
  • dorcas
    Options
    thanks Barbara!

I thought it was funny and wanted to share it, even if I was poking fun
    at myself!

we all need a laugh from time to time....

got a great big bruise on my hip and all the way down my leg....don't know if it was the fall or the 30Kgs of labrador that caused it! :lol::lol:

Iris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Sorry Dorcas

But you made me laugh!!! :oops:

So well told that story :)

I hope you are all ok now and none the worse for your experience???

Take it easy

Love

Toni xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    OMG Iris, is this what I`ve got to look forward to? Chomsky, - chocolate lab - will be arriving very soon to turn my life upside down!

I didn`t laugh honest, but talk about being smothered with love!......Ange.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Oh dear Iris. Must say I didnt laugh. It must have been awful and frightening. You could have been there ages!!!!!!Glad you are okay now.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Oh Iris i am ashamed to say i too laughed but only because you told so well. Hope you are all ok now and are resting.
    I am looking after my parents dog next month she was going to be a guide dog but couldn't cope with the stress, she is called Nellie and is very neurotic bless her.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Toni, Ange and Elixabeth, Julie

I am ok honest!! :D and it's not the first time I've fallen in a ditch...but that's another story :wink:

as I lay there in the ditch in my labrador coat all I could think about was that if I had actually hurt myself and had to go to hospital how embarassed I would be.....
    I look like Nora Batty when I go out early with the dogs at the best of times and here I was looking more like compo with more than a touch of congealing doggi drool on my face!!!

Ange...and Julie....be prepared!!!! your life will never be the same!

have a good day folks. Iris x
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    hello poor you what a day you had, I hope you're not too sore, these things are not funny when they happen but when you recovered from the bruises you look back and laugh, always the way.

not been as nice day here wet and very windy and down its dry but very very windy, still you get used to it like everything else

take care

sylvia
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I do feel sorry for you Iris and I'm glad you're OK. I'm also glad you decided to go out regardless of your hands.

But I do have to admit that cheered me up and made me laugh out loud!

Nx
  • dorcas
    Options
    I am fine..

just wanted to share what happened as it WAS funny and I hoped it would bring a smile to others and maybe brighten up someone's day.

Iris x