some good news

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 20. Mar 2010, 06:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello I love to share some news with you all, some of you may be aware that I have been having ongoing difficulties with my son's school.

I just had a phone call from mediation and it now seems as if the school is ready to listen to us and things can now start to move forward in a positive way :) i did begin to wonder if it was going to get sorted out :roll: however i feel we got no choice we got to do this but it scares me as i am going into the unknown.

we feel that for my son sake it got to happen or he going to lose out and being autistic he got enough to put up with, and i would not be a good mum if i did not help him, we need to make them very aware of how things are for him, sometimes it has seemed as if they were trying to interfer and take over and tell us what to do, and thats why we had to go down this road.

I hope what will come out of it is they will bend over backwards to help as my friends keep telling me we know best and they should listen.

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sylvia

Sometimes you have take action that you may not like doing. But this is your son and he still deserves to have an educatoin, also be given the chance just like all the other kiddies.

Going into the unknown can be scary, but just think what you are doing and who for, your son who means the world to you.

Good Luck to you and your son, I hope it helps your little boy. Please let us know how it is going.

love Trish xx
  • only49
    Options
    Trisha wrote:
    Hi Sylvia

Sometimes you have take action that you may not like doing. But this is your son and he still deserves to have an educatoin, also be given the chance just like all the other kiddies.

Going into the unknown can be scary, but just think what you are doing and who for, your son who means the world to you.

Good Luck to you and your son, I hope it helps your little boy. Please let us know how it is going.

love Trish xx
    thanks trish he not such a little boy anymore :lol: he taller than me and he 14 and i think he worth it and even he said to me i love you mummy all the time i am alive i will continue to help and support him even if my knees are knacked.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you have children and teach and suport them any good parent would to help them be independent and make the most of there lives how ever that is just because he has a lable does not mean he does not deserve the best on offer good for you
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    So glad you've got some positive results at last..........with you behind him, he should do well!

Annie
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,
    It is for everyones benefit that your son gets some help and support.As you know all autistic kids are different and you have to find what appeals to each one so that life is not such a challenge and they can learn in a stress free environment.
    Take care
    Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Sylvia

Oh yes we will fight to the death for our children eh :D two of mine have dyslexia and dyscalulia and teh youngest also has epilepsy. i did in fact move schools with the youngest due to lack of understanding, support and adequate working relationship. So i am with you all the way :D

Well done and I am very hopeful for you that you will get a good outcome for him

Love

Toni xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I am glad you have got this sorted for your son. We have to fight dont we or nothing happens.
    I also have got my son seen by senco and they agree he needs more help with dyslexia and has poor musle tone measures will be going in place to get him more help.
    You have to push for everything now a days as if lifes arent hard enough. Im really pleased to hear you have had this good news well done for persisting with em. from joanne :D
    Joanne
  • only49
    Options
    valval wrote:
    you have children and teach and suport them any good parent would to help them be independent and make the most of there lives how ever that is just because he has a lable does not mean he does not deserve the best on offer good for you

i tottally agree with you valva, if any mum worth her wieght in gold you do all she can for her kids and love and protect them, i guess that some mums are meant to be mums and some that have kids really should not have them, look at what happened with baby p case and others, i tell just watching things like this on the tv gets me mad lol
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    So glad Sylvia that you've got somewhere with this at lst....

I know it was stressing you out...but hopefully things will start to move forward for your boy....

Iris xx