typing

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
Hi

I know you must be very busy but when you have a moment I wonder if you may be able to point me in the right direction.

For a long time now I have had bright red palms also the same on my finger tips.
The pain has been getting worse and worse, I could now cry with the pain it is that bad. The doctors keep remarking about them and call other doctors in to look at them. I don't know what to say to them anymore.

They gave me another Medrone injection, to help with the pain. At the moment I do not feel any better.

I'm beginning to worry that I will have to stop typing, so it will shut another outlet for a life line link, for me and I would miss all the friends I have made but also I feel as if I'm loosing more of my independance and I have lost so much of that already.

The only way I can describe the pain is it is like when you have been out when it has been freezing cold, then you come into the warm and it makes your hand and fingers painful. It is the tips of my fingers that are causing even more problems for me.

I have been told that some of my fingers the tendons are about to rupture at any moment, that will mean that those fingers tip will droop downwards.

I wondered if you knew of anything that I could buy or do so I can carry on.

They also told me that I have Rheumatiod Vasculitis. I have never heard of this I wondered if you have any information about this that I could read.

Thank You

Trisher xx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi you can get programs where you just speak instead of type the help team will know what best for you gentle((()))
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi Trish you are going through it love, if you are finding it difficult to type you can get a disk for your comp its some kind of program and when its installed you can talk to the comp instead of typing. Not sure if you can use it on yours but it might be worth looking into. Hope this helps because you are going no where.

Julie xx ((((hugs))))
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    The others got in before me, Trish - I was going to say exactly the same thing!

Annie
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 19. Mar 2010, 17:59
    Options
    Have you been cleaning the keyboard with a cleaner, if your hands flare during/after a typing session, it could be something on the keys and keyboard? Has anyone else cleaned them without you being told? Also has anyone else even used your computer, as they may have transferred something that they handled onto the keys which is irritating you. I have known someone who transferred chilli onto a keyboard after they had eaten some.

Some people can become suddenly allergic to certain soap, household cleaners or fresheners around the house. Is there anything else that you have done recently or touched causing it? A manufacturer of household cleaning/washing stuff may have changed their ingredients, so look for new labels on anything that you normally use, especially where it says, New Formula.

For a while try wearing single use, protective gloves, which you can get from a chemist, they are in a box that you just pull out like tissues and then throw away afterwards. While your at the chemist, ask the pharmacist about your hands, as they may have had several people asking.

Hope it is alright as we need all the help on here we can get!

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Trish,
    I've got a hands free programme on my laptop at work...called 'Dragon'....it's easy to use ...you have to get it to recognise your voice first then you wear a headphone and the pc picks up what you say and changes it into text.

It's not compatible with every system...so ask the webmanager for his advise about it and the forum.

take care Trish love. ((((hugs)))) for your sore hands. iris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    they r a clever lot on here hope they have given you the help you need we do not want to loose you
    val
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    hi I found the link about the software that iris had said about, here it is www.nuance.co.uk/naturallyspeaking/

sylvia

ps some vista comps have voice reconision software on them dont know what its like but i thought i pught to mention it
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

Thank you so much for that link. I also have trouble typing...... Will have to see if it wold help this old pc :wink: x

Hi Trish,

I think voice activated is a good idea. Been thinking about it for a while....... mind in my case the games boxes don't understand my accent so I might have to book a few elocution lessons first :wink::lol::lol:

Do you think its the pa in your fingers? I so hope your medrone will help you this time and for me I need one that not only understands me but an read whats on the screen to me as well...... Hey what was the kind Wonky got? Was it ergonomic or something cus she said how much that helped. What ever I would hate to lose you as well.... or not be able to pop in cus of my stupid eyes! Love and a ((( ))) Cris xx

Oh Trish have left a box of CDM, cream and cakes for the help line folk :wink:
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Hi

I know you must be very busy but when you have a moment I wonder if you may be able to point me in the right direction.

For a long time now I have had bright red palms also the same on my finger tips.
    The pain has been getting worse and worse, I could now cry with the pain it is that bad. The doctors keep remarking about them and call other doctors in to look at them. I don't know what to say to them anymore.

They gave me another Medrone injection.

I'm beginning to worry that I will have to stop typing, so it will shut another outlet for a life line link, for me and I would miss all the friends I have made but also I feel as if I'm loosing more of my independance and I have lost so much of that already.

The only way I can describe the pain is it is like when you have been out when it has been freezing cold, then you come into the warm and it makes your hand and fingers painful. It is the tips of my fingers that are causing even more problems for me.

I wondered if you knew of anything that I could buy or do so i could carry on.

Thank You

Trisher xx
    hi trisher I just found this http://www.tazti.com/ its free and it might be OK for you I went to download.com and typed in voice reconistion software.

sylvia
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • trisher
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    trisher wrote:
    Hi

They gave me another Medrone injection.

I wondered if you knew of anything that I could buy or do so i could carry on.

Thank You

Trisher xx
    hi trisher I just found this http://www.tazti.com/ its free and it might be OK for you I went to download.com and typed in voice reconistion software.

sylvia

Hi Sylvia

Thank you for your reply, I will look into this and see what it is like. But thank you so much.

I will let you know :?

love Trish xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Have you been cleaning the keyboard with a cleaner, if your hands flare during/after a typing session, it could be something on the keys and keyboard? Has anyone else cleaned them without you being told? Also has anyone else even used your computer, as they may have transferred something that they handled onto the keys which is irritating you. I have known someone who transferred chilli onto a keyboard after they had eaten some.

Some people can become suddenly allergic to certain soap, household cleaners or fresheners around the house. Is there anything else that you have done recently or touched causing it? A manufacturer of household cleaning/washing stuff may have changed their ingredients, so look for new labels on anything that you normally use, especially where it says, New Formula.

For a while try wearing single use, protective gloves, which you can get from a chemist, they are in a box that you just pull out like tissues and then throw away afterwards. While your at the chemist, ask the pharmacist about your hands, as they may have had several people asking.

Hope it is alright as we need all the help on here we can get!

Joseph 8)

Hi Joseph

No one touches my computer. When I clean the keyboard I use warm boiled water on a cotton buds. Now and again I hoover over the keys and use eye glass cleaner on the screen.

Thank you for replying though.

Trish x
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,510
    Options
    Hi Trisher
    You've had lots of replies about voice activated software which I hope will be helpful as I know how important it is for you to be able to communicate in this way.
    Your doctors seem baffled by this problem in your hands & I am not going to start guessing what it might be but you mention Vasculitis. This means inflammation of the blood vessels and the term covers lots of different conditions, some of them mild & some more serious and a bit scary. I'll give you a link to reliable info on it but do ask your doctors for more details about how vasculitis might affect you personally - preferably before you get to the rare conditions at the back of the book !!
    http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis_information/arthritis_types__symptoms/vasculitis.aspx
    Best wishes
    Val
  • trisher
    Options
    Val

Thank you for giving me the help about Rhrumatiod Vasculitis. I will log onto it.

Also

Thank you for "being" there for us, when we do not know how or where to look.

Love Trish x
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Now and again I hoover over the keys and use eye glass cleaner on the screen.
    Trish x
    You really shouldn't use eyeglass cleaner on computer LCD screens at all, as it will permanently damage them. It's intended for use on glass which has a very hard surface. It would probably be OK on an older monitor, ( the one's with a deep back, like older TVs have).

Sorry to all as I have wondered off topic.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • trisher
    Options
    Del

Thank you for that. It looks good doesn't it. Thanks I will look into thank you.

Trish x