Despair

fester
fester Member Posts: 98
edited 22. Mar 2010, 16:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is it just me? but i seem to despair more and more every time i read our forums. I read about people being turned down for DLA/treatment etc when its quite apparent they need it or as recently announced more 'doctors' for ATOS so we can be victimised even more. Doctors falsifying information on so called medicals, people having to go on ESA then finding nothing can be done for them and more recently having no faith in the NHS even though we obviously have no alternative ( unless a large lottery win occurs and go private..yea right)
Where does it all end, its actually getting to the stage where i almost dread reading topics though admittedly we do get the odd ray of sunshine now and again. I see friends suffering and there's nothing we can do whilst wondering whose next? me the writer or you the reader?

Despair i really do.. :cry:

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It is a difficult subject.It is good to clamp down on the many peeps who made such wild claims(couldnt get out of bed but seen running marathons etc) but it seems that the tide has turned completely the other way and sick and disabled are getting turned down and made to attend many tribunals and appeals.
    I am angry about the false claims made by the so called Doctors and decent, long trained GPs and consultants having their information disregarded.
    Shame we cant manage a happy medium.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi
    It dose seem that we have to fight that bit harder for what is rightly ours.But it can make you stronger.
    It is not all depressing it just seems that way sometimes.
    I had no trouble getting my dla, hopefully when I reapply it will be the same.
    I do wish you all the best in whatever you do.
    Take care
    Barbara.
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Fester

You are so right and it iS so sad that good honest people are treated so appalingly.

If I let myself i would get very down about it, but I refuse to do that and hope taht the next post on the subject is GOOD news!! someone getting a successful award - that happens too - though not as often.

You take care

Love

Toni xx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    So, who promised anyone an easy life? The antidote to despair is hope.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We are all meant to shine. We are born to make manifest the happiness that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

Also, there are only two things you really need in this life, WD40 to make things go and Duct Tape to stop them going too far.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Also, there are only two things you really need in this life, WD40 to make things go and Duct Tape to stop them going too far.

Joseph 8)
    :lol::lol::lol: How true Joseph.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Joseph So, who promised anyone an easy life? The antidote to despair is hope.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We are all meant to shine. We are born to make manifest the happiness that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

Joseph

Ha well you have never been to Didcot then Joseph, there's two signs on the outskirts of town one say's abandon all hope ye who dare enter here and another that say twinned with Beirut!.
    Oh and WD 40 isn't a true oil it's an insulating water repellent spray really so all it does is flush away little lubricant left so makes things worse in the long run, stick to silicon spray I would!. Oh and to stop things going to far I tend to use nails and super glue! :mrgreen:
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Of course, I was referring to the WD-40 Silicone Spray Lubricant it just seemed a bit long winded to put it in fully.
    http://www.wd40.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1936

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif