Sunshine at last!!!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 21. Mar 2010, 18:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's been a long hard winter but today feels like spring our daffs are just about to come out and I am manageing to do a spot of gardening :D

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wendgro I've taken a piriton tablet then opened all my windows, loving this fresh air and

s010.gif

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • quietwaters
    quietwaters Member Posts: 288
    Options
    hi Wendgro
    Glad you had a lovely day. Isnt it lovely? All our minature daffs are out too, hyacinths coming up, and tulips are all in leaf. Lots of crocus and all sorts of stuff poking through, love it.
    Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Jay x :)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Wonderful day today, sunny and warm 8) So many people are out walking. Walked to the lock with little grand daughter and watched the boats and ducks. Taking it easy this afternoon. :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • quietwaters
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Wonderful day today, sunny and warm 8) So many people are out walking. Walked to the lock with little grand daughter and watched the boats and ducks. Taking it easy this afternoon. :)

Luv
    Elna x
    Hi Elna,
    You spend so much time with your lovely little grand daughter, she sounds so cute bless her. I read your posts and can feel the excitement when you know she is coming to visit. Lovely.
    Jay x
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Jay,

You are right, I do get so excited and look forward to seeing her very much. She is my only grand child and I am blessed that she lives fairly close by. She will be 2 years old at the beginning of August.

Later this afternoon I shall visit a lady who is 84 and going blind. I try to call in to see her once a week.

I love your username - it sounds so tranquil and peaceful.

I hope your day is going ok,

Love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • quietwaters
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Dear Jay,

You are right, I do get so excited and look forward to seeing her very much. She is my only grand child and I am blessed that she lives fairly close by. She will be 2 years old at the beginning of August.

Later this afternoon I shall visit a lady who is 84 and going blind. I try to call in to see her once a week.

I love your username - it sounds so tranquil and peaceful.

I hope your day is going ok,

Hi Elna
    You are so lucky to have your little grand child. We dont have any children, so obviously no grand children. :( What a lovely age, they're so innocent, and I just love the things they come out with ()especially when they dont know you're listening), priceless.
    I hope your 84 year old lady is well, I'm sure she looks forward to you visiting, you make a big difference to her week (and life), what a special person you are. x
    User name :? It was a place I went 26 years ago with my parents, both passed on now, but it holds a special place in my heart. And yes, it was very peaceful.
    Love Jay x

Love
    Elna x(())
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Lovely day eh Wend :D

I have been out too for a while :D

The crocus have been out for a while and the daffs arent far behind now :D

I love it

Enjoy yourself

Toni xx
  • quietwaters
    Options
    Hi Elna
    You are so lucky to have your little grand child. We dont have any children, so obviously no grand children. What a lovely age, they're so innocent, and I just love the things they come out with ()especially when they dont know you're listening), priceless.
    I hope your 84 year old lady is well, I'm sure she looks forward to you visiting, you make a big difference to her week (and life), what a special person you are. x
    User name It was a place I went 26 years ago with my parents, both passed on now, but it holds a special place in my heart. And yes, it was very peaceful.
    Love Jay x
    (I posted this again cos it pasted on your post for some reason) :?
    Jay x
  • quietwaters
    Options
    Hi Rehab
    sounds great, what a lovely day you've had. Hope you enjoyed dinner and someone washed up for you??? :wink:
    Jay x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    What a busy day!
    I have had both grandchildren around helping(?) in the garden
    Caitlin aged 6 planted her potatoes from school, a part of their grow your own project, a row of beetroot( my project) and some sun flowers in pots. The boy Kian aged 3 dugs some holes, he has a passion for digging holes, I think he must have been a Yorkshire terrier in a previous life. After hot chocolate and donuts I managed to get them back to their owner. A good 3 hours of fun for all concerned in the sun

I am now cooking Sunday lunch :shock:
    Oh is that an invite...are we all ready peeps :D I could bring the gravy...
    Love
    Barbara
  • quietwaters
    Options
    Shall we just turn up Barbara? hee hee :lol:
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I love sunny days off school and work. My girls disappear into the garden and only come in when they want a drink or I call them to give them food :-) I can still hear them but thankfully the noise is outside!

Nx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Jay :)

Back home now and will make a quick pasta dish as time is marching on :D

The lady I visit does gets despondent about her diminishing sight and very understandably. She is frightened for her future as one would be. She used to do needlework, painting, dressmaking, all those types of things. She now finds time hangs very heavily. We usually manage to have some laughs together. :)

I hope you and your hubby have had a lovely day and that you spoilt him with his evening meal as it is his birthday :) It is lovely to work as a team in the garden isn't it?

You mention on another thread that you go on holiday at the end of June. Where are you flying to? We have not had a holiday since the end of 2004. We have been away for long weekends in the UK since but not abroad. I used to love holidaying on the Greek Islands, but perhaps because I have not worked since the end of 2004 I am quite content to stay home and not venture to far for too long. :lol::lol: Getting boring in my old age! :roll: :lol:

Have a lovely evening both of you. I wonder what next week will bring for us? :wink::)

Love
    Elna x(())

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Today was a lovely sunny day to go out and get some fresh air as it was reasonably warm, so we went shopping.
    a075.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Dear Jay :)

Back home now and will make a quick pasta dish as time is marching on :D

The lady I visit does gets despondent about her diminishing sight and very understandably. She is frightened for her future as one would be. She used to do needlework, painting, dressmaking, all those types of things. She now finds time hangs very heavily. We usually manage to have some laughs together. :)

I hope you and your hubby have had a lovely day and that you spoilt him with his evening meal as it is his birthday :) It is lovely to work as a team in the garden isn't it?

You mention on another thread that you go on holiday at the end of June. Where are you flying to? We have not had a holiday since the end of 2004. We have been away for long weekends in the UK since but not abroad. I used to love holidaying on the Greek Islands, but perhaps because I have not worked since the end of 2004 I am quite content to stay home and not venture to far for too long. :lol::lol: Getting boring in my old age! :roll: :lol:

Have a lovely evening both of you. I wonder what next week will bring for us? :wink::)

Love
    Elna x(())

has she got some talking books my auntie has eye probs no vision in cenrer of eye so all sorts of probs but loves to listen to books lots of them out there
    val
  • elnafinn
    Options
    [quote="valval

has she got some talking books my auntie has eye probs no vision in cenrer of eye so all sorts of probs but loves to listen to books lots of them out there[/quote]

Yes. she does Val, but you can only do so much of that. She can no longer see the tv properly at all so that has been taken away from her. She does listen to the radio. She is as bright as a button but feels nervous to walk out now so that has been taken from her too. She will go out a short distance if accompanied. It is such a shame.

Luv
    Elna x