polymyalgia rheumatica

Options
angell1954
angell1954 Member Posts: 12
edited 20. Aug 2010, 05:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi , I am new to this forum, but have recently been diagnosed with polymyalgia, which came on very suddenly. am taking steroids 10mg pr day plus pain killers , but seem to be having a lot of pain still , so much that i can't even raise my arms or pick the kettle for a cuppa, does this get better with time or am i expecting too much too soon !

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Angel, welcome to the site!

I've had PMR for some considerable time now and yes, it will improve. You haven't given a lot of detail, but have you been referred to a rheumatologist? 10mg Pred seems a very low starting dose.

I can point you in the direction of some useful websites and contacts if you would like them.........not sure how used you are to computers, but if you'd like more info just PM me.

Annie
    xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi

A warm welcome from me too.

The people on here are very nice. You will get a lot od support and advice,on LWA.
    If you go to the CChat zone, you you see there are many topics on there too.
    We also have Val's Cafe. Why not pop in for a cuppa and a natter

love Trish xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Angel

A very big welcome from me too :D Sorry about teh diagnosis but at least it means you get to spend time with us lot :D

Once you have your neds sorted things do get a good bit better.

Now as Trisher said - we have a virtual cafe on the chit chat forums where you will get a cuppa made for you :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I have PM'd you, but you don't seem to have picked it up....are you having problems?

I'm a little concerned for you.......
    Annie
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! :)
    Just say I hello and I hope that you pick up some useful tips and information, I know I have. You arn't alone and although I have oa, someone else will be along who has the same thing, I know. :wink:
    Love Sue
  • angell1954
    angell1954 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    I have PM'd you, but you don't seem to have picked it up....are you having problems?

I'm a little concerned for you.......
    Annie

Yes i did email you , will try again

Thanks x
  • annie_mial
    Options
    OK, will wait for your reply..........I have replied to your original email.

Annie
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Thread bumped up for Dougal.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.