hello

Options
bobmac56
bobmac56 Member Posts: 2
edited 25. Mar 2010, 07:31 in Say Hello Archive
hi ..my name is bob, i`m 53 from glasgow ..just introducing myself .i`m at my wits end, after years of suffering pain in my feet mostly in the joints of my big toes, and being told it was gout,my doc has finally coceded and diagnosed arthritis,, which type?? dont know yet, but heres the sting!he`s sent me packing with some painkillers namely" co-dydramol , saying there`s not much more he can do ,i`m starting my 5th week absent from work,and as i work in the building trade and being unable to wear anything other than cut away slippers! far less safety boots lol, i fear for my working future.surely theres more can be done ..any advice would be greatly appreciated, sorry about the long winded rant.. bob glasgow

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Bob
    A very warm welcome to this really friendly forum, people on here are so supportive, I am sorry I cant help with the footwear, but I am sure someone will be along soon that can.
    You could try the working part of the forum.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon
    Barbara.
    Love
    Barbara
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Bob

Popped into say a warm welcome from me too.

Read about your toes, must be painful though. You will get a lot of support from the people on here, advice too.

Can you tell your doctor that you are not satified and would like to have a second opinion?

Sorry I cannot help you any further but I do not have arthur there. There will be otners who can offer more advice.

I hope to see you posting soon.

Trisher x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi Bob

Welcome form me too :D

Good to meet you - hope to see you around and about on the forums.

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi Bob and welcome......

Can't help with the feet problem, but just wanted to say hello.

Do join us on the other forums, we are very supportive if a bit crazy on some of them.

Annie
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Bob

Just adding a welcome from me. Not too many people check in this bit but do post for advice on the Working and Living with forums, I think you will get some support from people there. I'm sorry I can't help with the poorly feet, but do keep pestering your doc. sadly many of us have found that is the only way to get the support or referrals you need.
    Hope to see you posting again soon
    Chris
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Bob, welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find it a real help, with lots of support and advice

Will have to have a nosey round for boots. :idea:

xx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • kevlar
    kevlar Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Whatcha Bob, I've had a similar problem, one foot so swollen and painful that I couldn't get my boot on it.

I found that a bigger boot was the answer! Simple but effective.

Also thick socks can help, but then you'll need an even bigger boot, you may end up looking like Coco the clown (with the huge feet) but at least you'll be able to work.

It's not a perfect solution, my feet still hurt, but at least I am still able to work.

Good luck and chin up, you are not alone.
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear about what brings you to this site but glad you have found us and I want to express a very WARM WELCOME.

I have RA and loads of problems with my feet. Toes mainly and like you the big toes are worse. I kept complaining of the pain and eventually could not cope so took of my shoes and showed my feet to my Rheumatologist. I was immediately sent to an Orthopedic Consultant and had an operation on big left to and second left toe.

Has your rheumatologist taken X-Rays and referred you to an Orthopedic Consultant? If not, I would ask him or her if that is possible.

Eve x