tape recorder

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 24. Mar 2010, 05:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

my dad old tape recorder was given to me . and I sorted through the tapes ,, at first I could only hear tapeing of James younng, pasty cline, Then it was my dad that passed away last year and my mum two years before that , talking it was lovely to hear there voices also my sisters when they were four years old saying rymeing verses,

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think I might get them tranfered to cd , there is a company in Scotland that do them, as there is some other tapes with them on it ,but it is very hard to hear.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mike R & Hazel MIKe JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ah Mike :D:D

How lovely :D:D

I would love to hear my parents' voices again.

Yes you absolutely MUST get them copied as soon as possible - they are invaluable :)

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Mike

How lovely for you. A wonderful momento to have. I too have my great Granny's memoirs on tape - should get it transferred to CD too. My hubby got his mum (who is still alive) to start talking on tape. At first she did not know what to say but when asked a couple of questions about her life, you could not stop her. I must get my mum to do similar but she will have no trouble at all in knowing what to start saying! She can talk for England! She has many detailed diaries of her life going back years and years but to hear the voice is wondeful and immensely moving. I have my children on tape when very young as well.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mike
    That is brilliant , how lovely for you to hear there voices, there is a device you can get, you put the cassette in, plug the usb into you computer, and it transfers them for you, to put on disc.
    I am sure someone will come up with the name, I will try and goggle it
    Barbara
    Love
    Barbara
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Mike
    That is brilliant , how lovely for you to hear there voices, there is a device you can get, you put the cassette in, plug the usb into you computer, and it transfers them for you, to put on disc.
    I am sure someone will come up with the name, I will try and goggle it
    Barbara
    know what you mean i got a record turntable by my computer and it records from records and then you can tranfer it on to a cd not done it so far but i know its possible.

sylvia
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi mike this should help USB Tape Archiver - ION Tape Express..from Map..n
    Barbara.
    Love
    Barbara
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi Mike

How lovely for you. A wonderful momento to have. I too have my great Granny's memoirs on tape - should get it transferred to CD too. My hubby got his mum (who is still alive) to start talking on tape. At first she did not know what to say but when asked a couple of questions about her life, you could not stop her. I must get my mum to do similar but she will have no trouble at all in knowing what to start saying! She can talk for England! She has many detailed diaries of her life going back years and years but to hear the voice is wondeful and immensely moving. I have my children on tape when very young as well.

Luv
    Elna x
    Hi Elna, if ever you decide to get them transferred to cd try this place ( hope it works ) www.preciousvoices.co.uk

the web site tell you all about them.
    Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Mike

How lovely to have rediscovered those tapes. :D I agree so nice to hear those loved ones again. Thanks for the link and to Barbara for the info on the archiver. I have old family tapes too and it would be great to make them more accessible. Thanks very much for that.
    Chris
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Mike

Many thanks for the website. I have added it to my list of favourites.

Hope you are all ok,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Thankyou for the website link Mike.
    I was very fortunate to hold a big 3rd birthday party for my daughter(now 24) and invited all my neices(no nephews at the time) and my sis and my dad decided to drive them all up to the party.So I have a very precious video of him smiling and talking 8 weeks before he had a sudden fatal heart-attack.
    I will definately get them transferred onto a cd!

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein