Capuccino, anyone......?????

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 23. Mar 2010, 20:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Lyn

I take my coffee with no sugar, ta ;-)

The oldest gadgets in my kitchen, I'm ashamed to say, all belonged to my parents and I pinched them when I left home. I still have mum's veggie peeler and her colander and various pots and pans, one which I have used ever since I left home to specifically boil eggs in.

They're not quite gadgets, are they? Erm... our microwave is about 10 years old... our fridge and freezer about the same. Sorry, we've only been married 13 years and so don't have any of this stuff that seems to last 20-30 years!

I do remember mum and dad's TV lasting them 25 years, then they got another one and it lasted 5 years. They're on their 3rd now. I don't think they make things to last anymore...

Nx

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lynn

Can I have mine with Cream on the top and gratted chocci too :D

I could just drink one of those now, could you pop one down to me please.

I bet you wished you had used it before now don't you???

Trish xxxxx :wink:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    One cappucino one sugar please :D

mmmmm.....

lovely thanks.

I got my Mum's hairdryer - got to be at least 30 years old :shock:

Bit smelly though....

Toni xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    HI Lynn Toni

I'm not too bad considering, lots of bloods done today got another great black bruise :shock:

Lovely coffee Lynn, you will have to make more of them. :wink:

I hope you are both alright.

love Trish xxxxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My microwave is 23 years old. I keep expecting it to break!
    But my washing machines normally last 2 years and 1 lasted 1 year and that was replaced free but thae replacement broke within a year.

My current washing machine is 3 years old....a record.I will blame you if it breaks down now!!!!

Regards
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi, Ive got an electric knife that i got as a free gift from a catalogue when i was 16. so that makes it....... :oops: nearly 27 yrs old.... & i dropped it the other day, now its held together with cellotape & still working.
    My combi microwave is 15yrs old or more & that has a split in the door but im not chucking it out when its still in good working order.
    I also have a masher that was my nans with the old red & white handle well that must be 1970s so over 40 yrs old,i wont change that as its the only masher that ive ever been able to use, i have brought new ones to replace it as the paints all flaked off it now but i just cant use them. so i have a good collection of used once mashers :roll: :lol: what a waste of money they were.
    I have various knives,pots etc that were either my mums or nan & grandads & i wont get rid as i use then daily.
    debs
  • sanmar63
    sanmar63 Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi folks

Years ago, hubby bought me an all-singing, all-dancing coffee maker - one that does filter coffee, espresso, and froths the milk. I've used the filter side loads of times, it's had a lot of use. But I admit, I was always scared of the espresso bit (got a thing about steam) :oops: :oops: So never used that side. It's been boxed up, and in and out of the loft several times, whenever I had a clear out in the kitchen!!! :wink:

Anyway, on a whim, we dug it out of the loft this weekend, I ran it through with water a few times, to have a practice :oops: , and now I'm a dab hand with capuccinos, lattes - whatever takes your fancy!!!! :D

What shocked me though, was when I found the receipt in the instruction book, it's almost 19 years old!!!!!!!!!!!! Testament to German build quality, I thought!!! But scary how time flies!!!
    I still have my mum's old Robot Chef food processor, which must be at least 30 years old, and still works a treat.

So capuccinos all round, while you think of the oldest gadget in your kitchen (excluding the human ones, of course) :D:D

In the meantime, somebody please come and scrape me off the ceiling - this espresso coffee is strong stuff :shock: :shock: :shock:

Love from Lynn xxxxxxxxx

Hi again Lynn,

2 sugars please sweetie :lol:

I still use my late Mother-in-laws ironing board, it was a wedding present to them in 1948!
    It creaks more than I do, but I wouldn't part with it :)
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi Lynn, A new handle for my masher ah!!
    My OHs nickname is mash so i cant get him a new handle :wink::lol:
    it could just be sanded down & repainted. But its ok as it hides in the draw & no-one see's my old masher but me. :lol:
    debs
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi Lynn, Oh yes i was mash65 as he registered me with his handle.
    Yes i think we ought to stop talking about my or even his handle :oops: we'll leave it well alone :lol::lol:
    debs :lol::lol: still giggling
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi Lynn, OH said he's on his way with the oily rag, but behave im a very jealous woman & no-one is having my mash :wink::lol::lol:
    debs with ((((()))))
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Well at the start of this thread I was going to call in for a latte!!
    Nice to see you having fun girls :D
    I love it when a thread ends up somewhere completely different, thanks for giving me a giggle too. :lol::lol:
    Chris :wink:
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi Chris, Glad we gave you a giggle, live,love n laughter are the best medicines i say. :wink::lol::lol:
    Sorry if we shocked you :o:lol::lol::lol:
    debs
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Debs

Very true, get them endorphins going. :lol::lol:

Now about that oily rag?.......

• minky67
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Debs

Very true, get them endorphins going. :lol::lol:

Now about that oily rag?.......

Lynn started off the oily rag business not me.
    years ago i was told about KY jelly now it comes down to an oily rag. :oops:
    Rehab Help me out here :oops: :lol:He likes a rub down with an oily rag
    debs