Rugby mad son!

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 30. Mar 2010, 12:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
Morning
Any ideas how to get all the caked on mud off his kit ?(without too much mess)
Ive never seen so much mud :!:
Think it was their punishment for losing last Sunday :lol:
Their coach made them work extra hard
My son said it was the best practice ever :!:
I dont agree theres mud everywhere from the kitchen to his bedroom to the bathroom! :roll:
Dont think his kit will recover so any emergency treatment greatly received
Thanks
Maria x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    Morning
    I dont agree theres mud everywhere from the kitchen to his bedroom to the bathroom! :roll:
    Thanks
    Maria x

mine play football and use stiff brush to get loose stuff off, then run it under tap before washing still sometimes you have to use a nail brush and some wash powder on the dried in stain always try to see to it while still wet good luck
    val
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I don't have any tips as I have 3 very girly girls who don't like getting dirty (it's bliss!). But I wanted to say how much it looks like your son loves rugby - that's really refreshing in this day and age of kids sitting around getting obese in front of the TV or computer.

Nx
  • maria09
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    I don't have any tips as I have 3 very girly girls who don't like getting dirty (it's bliss!). But I wanted to say how much it looks like your son loves rugby - that's really refreshing in this day and age of kids sitting around getting obese in front of the TV or computer.

Nx
    Thank you im really lucky hes nearly 14 & got into rugby last year & loves it. Hes such a lovely lad really caring always asking how I am & if he can help
  • maria09
    Options
    valval wrote:
    maria09 wrote:
    Morning
    Thanks
    Maria x

mine play football and use stiff brush to get loose stuff off, then run it under tap before washing still sometimes you have to use a nail brush and some wash powder on the dried in stain always try to see to it while still wet good luck
    Thank you for advice now got a lovely clean kit
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Maria

Have you tried soaking them, to get the top layer of mud off, then soak them in a stain remover before washing?

Trish xx
  • ninakang
    Options
    This all seems like very hard work - you don't get this dirty doing ballet *lol*

Nx
  • maria09
    Options
    true but i cant see my son doing ballet with his size 12 feet! Lol x
  • maria09
    Options
    true but i cant see my son doing ballet with his size 12 feet! Lol x
  • ninakang
    Options
    Very true *lol* I can't see my girly girls playing rugby either. But my eldest does enjoy basketball.

Nx
  • maria09
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Very true *lol* I can't see my girly girls playing rugby either. But my eldest does enjoy basketball.

Nx
    My daughter shes 15 wont even go watch him play! Its too cold rather stay at home with her ipod!
    Bless her she is studying hard for her GCSEs & doesnt have time for herself, think its because she is a perfectionist & all her subject teachers say she will get A*s so no pressure there then! Ive said all she can do is her best & not to get stressed abt the teachers predictions I was lucky to get Cs in mine so no matter what she gets we will be happy
    Secretly im so proud that the teachers say she will do well but I dont want to put added pressure on her as they have done
  • ninakang
    Options
    My eldest is 11 and she's got into a really good school in Derby for September and she's always been top of her class (she's on the Gifted and Talented register at her school, just like her little sisters). The problem we find is that she also gets very stressed about things and is also a perfectionist. Her ezcema was so bad at one point that the skin on the inside of her elbows was permanently broken and bleeding.

But hopefully we're counteracting that now and making sure she gets lots of fresh air and exercise. She gets the perfectionist bit from mer but I'm not a worrier - she gets that from her dad! The worst combination you could get! We also get her to laugh at herself and not take things so seriously. It helped talking to her teachers too so they could keep an eye on her.

Nx
  • maria09
    Options
    Your daughter sounds just like mine she gets so stressed & its all down to her being a perfectionist
    In her last Maths exam she was most put out coz she only just got an A* Her Maths teacher said she understood what she meant cos she knew she could get higher marks all I got was a grade 3 cse so i was over the moon!
    Your daughter will do well at school but I do feel the teachers do put too much pressure on them
    My son is clever but hes so laid back hes horizontal loves school but for the wrong reasons he thinks its a last hes in year 9 & I keep telling him that from Sept he will have to knuckle down & study I he wants to do well.
    I try not to compare him to his sister as its not fair he wiil get there in his own way
    Im so proud of them both they are good kids long may it continue!
    Mariax
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    According to my daughter my grandson practices rugby and
    soccer on the playing fields at lunchtime in his school (6 Form)
    uniform as well as attending all official practices and training
    session. This fazes his mum but pleases me.
  • ninakang
    Options
    Maria

Your kids sound lovely. I compare mine, I know I shouldn't but it's very hard not to. My eldest is always bossing the others around (can't think where she got that from) and is very organised and serious, my middle daughter (nearly 8) is the clown of the family, always doing impressions and making jokes to make us all laugh and my youngest is the real baby of the family even though she's 6 now. She follows her sisters round like a shadow but is a little person in her own right too, she can more than hold her own!

Ichabod,
    Your friend's son sounds great to me :-) Far better to be busy playing sports than getting bored and into trouble.

Nx
  • maria09
    Options
    ichabod6 wrote:
    According to my daughter my grandson practices rugby and
    soccer on the playing fields at lunchtime in his school (6 Form)
    uniform as well as attending all official practices and training
    session. This fazes his mum but pleases me.
    My son wears 1 pair of school trousers a day as he comes home covered in mud after playing rugby in his breaks! At least hes happy! hes always been a messy pup lol
  • ichabod6
    Options
    Nina,

Not my friend's son - MY grandson a real sportsman.
    Plays under 17 cricket and rugby at county level and
    for his local amateur football team. Mum says he is
    not so good at homework.
  • maria09
    Options
    Spent 3hrs in A&E yest with son
    After the rugby game (which they won!) he complained of violent headache with some visual disturbances
    Not sure if he got tackled wrong, kicked in the head or happened in a scrum but he doesnt know what happened wasnt knocked out or had to come off (hes a tough cookie)
    So to cut a long stoiry short Dr in A&E said he was ok but as a precaution she had made an appointment fot him to got to eye clinic on tues. Typical as I see my rheumy on tues same time but in a different hospital 20 milkes away!
    Luckily my parents are going to take him so Grandpa to the rescue
    Hope everyones well
    Mariax
  • ichabod6
    Options
    Hello Maria,

Grandsons are grandad/pas' heroes.
    My little hero has discolated his shoulder
    three tines this season but is back in training
    for the school tour to New Zealand in June.
    If he discolates the bugger out there his
    mum can collect him. I'll be watching cricket.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Nina,

How did you sort her ezcema? My son gets dreadful ezcema on his legs. He has prescribed creams but doesnt use them as much as advised. He is a perfectionist too!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

I did the following:

- Made her have a shower every day and apply moisturiser after every shower (sometimes it's the build up of cream that makes them itch)

- Stopped her using anything perfumed - Simple is a wonderful range (sorry to advertise) - they do shower gel, bath creme, moisturiser and deoderant so she has her own stuff

- Make sure she keeps her nails short and lead this by example because I'm sure she'd like to let them grow but as a fellow ezcema sufferer, I have explained, she has to have them short like me so when she does itch, she doesn't break the skin

- Make sure she drinks plenty of water to stop her skin becoming too dry

- Make sure she "plays" and doesn't just work, involving lots of fresh air and getting out on her bike

With these things in place, we manage our ezcema without the need for the specially prescribed creams. My ezcema used to be just as bad.

Have you tried these methods? Please let me know how you get on

Nina X
  • tkachev
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Hi Elizabeth

I did the following:

- Made her have a shower every day and apply moisturiser after every shower (sometimes it's the build up of cream that makes them itch)

- Stopped her using anything perfumed - Simple is a wonderful range (sorry to advertise) - they do shower gel, bath creme, moisturiser and deoderant so she has her own stuff

- Make sure she keeps her nails short and lead this by example because I'm sure she'd like to let them grow but as a fellow ezcema sufferer, I have explained, she has to have them short like me so when she does itch, she doesn't break the skin

- Make sure she drinks plenty of water to stop her skin becoming too dry

- Make sure she "plays" and doesn't just work, involving lots of fresh air and getting out on her bike

With these things in place, we manage our ezcema without the need for the specially prescribed creams. My ezcema used to be just as bad.

Have you tried these methods? Please let me know how you get on

Nina X

Thankyou Nina,
    We do get prescribed bath oil and 2 creams. He actually only uses the shower and then applies cream. But not so hot on the others.He likes to swim but otherwise doesnt get out much.

Thankyou I will let you know if any improvement
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Options
    Elizabeth

We actually threw away the prescribed bath oil and shower stuff because the oily texture started her itching while she was still washing!

I'd try perfume free shower creme and moisturiser. Ellen alternates between them, I don't know why, none of them actually smell of anything. I know their prescriptions are free whereas these we have to pay for, but she will use something I buy specially for her and the products aren't that expensive in the discount stores (I want to say Wilkos but won't because I can't :-))

Nx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Really ?You threw them away. Does your daughter rub skin with the towel or pat dry-not sure what to advise my son. He is covered in teeny weeny pin prick scabs.His nails are short so not sure what is causing this.I will take a look at products/shop you have not metioned!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Options
    Yes, I threw away the bath cremes and moisturisers but kept the steriod cream in case she had a really bad attack. She's still got a tube of that somewhere but hasn't used it for nearly a year.

She rubs her skin dry herself as she's 11 (and God forbid I should touch her in any way when she's naked!), that doesn't seem to affect her, it's the products she was using. She's quite a girly girl and loved her bathroom smellies, but she loves her clear skin much more and got used to it all very quickly.

Make sure your son is drinking lots of water, it keeps the skin hydrated. Can't stress the importance of this enough. Oh, and washing the creams off every day before applying it again as it does build up.

Nx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Okay.
    He has a mild steroid cream which is very effective but he doesnt put it on unless we moan at him. He is not yet into smellies but that day will come soon Im sure.

Thanks for your advise. I really appreciate it.
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein