blood pressure

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 3. Apr 2010, 03:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
ok was on naproxen blood pressure started going up so came off it on friday to see if it helps well am like tin man walking on brighton beach lol.
went to chemist to day to see if any better well they did it three times 157/104. 162/107. 167/97 not good was 151/93 at docs on friday so no help so far doc phoning tomorrow so will ask what she thinks ???? but got the feeling more tabs on there way :(:(:(:(
the good thing is the sun is coming out even if not for long lol
val

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Val I've just been to hossy and seen my rheumy nurse my bp is 190/110 so she has taken me off leflumonide and i have got to go to a chemist in a week and have it done again, if its still high i will have to go on tablets for it. Hope yours goes down soon
    Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    Valval I take Naproxen and have Hypertension.. but its controlled very well with Atenolol... it will up to your GP.. to see wether he changes your meds.. I have been taking the two together of a number of years and my BP is very stable now at 120/80 ish...I hope they sort it out..
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Val,

Its not easy to stay calm while they take it so that might explain the differences in the 3 from today? I think also it does depend n the machine and when I have the drip if the bp worries then they go over t the old manual types which give better and more decent readings so it could be its not as high as it was coming out normally? I really hope they can get it sorted for you and sending you a (((( )))) and a hope. Cris xx
  • valval
    thanks all did not mind coming off the naproxen if it was going to help but fed up with no chance and putting up with the pain and stiffness for nothing
    val
  • quietwaters
    quietwaters Member Posts: 288
    Hi Val,
    sorry I know nothing about bp, but just sending you ((((())))) and hoping you get it sorted out soon. As if you dont have enough to put up with :roll: .
    Thinking about you (my special friend), cos you were the one who bumped my original post up when I first came on here, thanks, I'll always be greatful to you matey. :)
    Jay x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Val

I hope they can get it down for you Val. Have you got pain meds though, that you can take when it gets bad??

A (((())) for you

Trish xx
  • trisher
    Oops :oops: Sorry Julie

I hope they can get yours down as well, will they put ou back on the Lef? Or will they change it to something else??

A ((((()))) for you too really hope they sort you too.]

Trish xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    trisher wrote:
    Oops :oops: Sorry Julie

I hope they can get yours down as well, will they put ou back on the Lef? Or will they change it to something else??

A ((((()))) for you too really hope they sort you too.]

Trish xx
    Thanks Trish they said to take my bp in a week if its gone down i can go back on them then take it in another week and see what happens. If it doesn't go down then i will have to go on meds for that :roll: and they have done tests for other things too. All related to arther, he is very popular isnt he.
    Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • valval
    mine stayed the same so can go back on naproxen but need blood pressure tabs lol :(:(:(
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Aww val its not fair is it, you take meds for one thing and it causes another, will they take you off them when it comes down
    :?: hope they get it sorted very soon.
    You take care
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    barbara12 wrote:
    Aww val its not fair is it, you take meds for one thing and it causes another, will they take you off them when it comes down
    :?: hope they get it sorted very soon.
    You take care
    Barbara xx
    well it one of those things you do not come off by the sounds of it
    val
  • valval
    hi just had it taken again guess what it gone up again lol 163/104 what that all about lol
    val
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Val, did you see the report in papers yesterday saying that just one square of dark chocolate a day can bring down blood pressure and reduce risk of heart attack and strokes? I guess you have to do it long term but I immediately took that as a licence to eat as much choccy as I like :D I've got high blood pressure due to steroids.
    I read it in the Guardian I think and you probably find it online somewhere.
    Sally
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Mmmm

Sal....

Off to the shop...... :wink:

Toni xx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    yep! That's what I did!
  • valval
    worth a try lol oh says cranberry juice
    val
  • trisher
    I take Cranberry,

Very good for bladder problems. That is what I have it for. I have a glass a day of it.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I wish I liked cranberry juice, but it is so harsh - it strips my tongue (which is sore enough at times anyway). I don't even like the flavour, although I would drink it if I could!

Annie
  • valval
    last lot i had did not taste of much. but will try anything even exercise lol
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    I have had blood pressure meds for several years now.
    Sort of got it under control then had to start taking arthur meds, and it started to raise again. Anything from 170/90 to 200/105. Usually a flare up would make it go up.
    My original dosage of BP meds was 4mg Doxosozin morns and 16mg Candisartan evenings. It went down for awhile, but dr still wasn't happy about how high it was going so increased morns to 8 mg and evenings to24mgs.

Since I started trying to lose weight, hard I know, only lost 13lbs now but I am trying to exercise more.

My blood pressure is now back down to 154/89 or thereabouts. actually got down to 129/70 last week. Thought there must be something wrong with my machine because it has never been that low in my life. I go regularly to a 'balance clinic' to help with the losing weight bit and they take my blood pressure. I believe some ofthe machines are not that correct. Sometimes it is best just to forget about it and try not to worry. Not easy I know.

Joy