Flare up of AS

Options
charliegirl
charliegirl Member Posts: 4
Hi I am currently in a flare up of AS which is affecting my shoulders. I have not had this before and am dealing with weakness and clumsiness in my arms, I am also feeling very dizzy. My GP said that this was due to the inflammation in my shoulders. Despite 4 hourly paracetamol, sulphasalazine x 6 day and arcoxia 90mgs the flare up does not seem to be subsiding.
Do you have any other suggestions as to what could help. I am currently off work and am finding it hard to do even small tasks around the house

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Charliegirl
    Unfortunately some flares tend to drag on especially when you are stressed out about it. The best thing I can say to you is contact your Rheumatology nurse or doctor and tell them how bad it is so as they can advise you further regarding your medication. In the meantime you could try incorporating either Omega 3 fish oil supplements or include more oily fish in your diet as fish oil has anti-inflammatory properties. If you talk to your Rheumatologist they be able to adjust your Sulphasalazine dosages. Whatever you do try to relax and don't stress over things and just rest as much as you can.

Best wishes

Simona
  • charliegirl
    charliegirl Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Simone
    I plan to visit my GP next week if things continue. I have only just seen the consultant and am now waiting for another appointment. I know this will pass when its good and ready.. but I have to remember that and take it easy but sometimes when you feel so stuck in one its hard to remember thats there a way out..I appreciate the forum and realise that I am not alone
  • cutieclaire
    cutieclaire Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Hello Charliegirl,

Could you advise if I have had the same kind of things as you?

I have messaged you to your personal inbox.

Thanks and hope you are feeling better
    xxxx

Claire
    xxx