Options
2»

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    bailey27 wrote:
    (I will be having a winge to the rheumy when I do get to see hium next as I think this has been handled terribly considering I still havent had the call back they promised me severeal times over the last 2 weeks!!!))

Hi Bailey

Sooooooooo pleased too, to read you are having a much better day, well I hope it has lasted.

If it was me, I really think I would have more than a whinge to the rheumy when I got to see him next. I would most definitely put it in writing. If this is happening to you it is happening to others too. It should stop.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi
    thanks for that.

Yes I will try and tell them I am not happy. With regards to a letter I wouldnt know where to start to be honest as I am not very good at that kind of thing.

I am just glad I am feeling a lot better. I am still getting the deep aches which subside with paracetamol which is tolerable too so not too worried about that. I am just glad the nerve pain has gone as that was really getting to be and wearing me out.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I know its not easy, but sometimes the only way to get things done is to keep on asking and asserting yourself and then they do something just to shut you up! :( Its wrong and it shouldn't happen, especially when, of course, being unwell and in lots of pain, its the last thing you need to do. Is their anyone who can speak up for you and come to the appointment with you? That might put more pressure on the hospital.

I do hope that you get it all sorted out and get real, effective relief for the pain. Thinking of you. Lots of love and good wishes, Sue ((((((((0))))))))))) :?
    PS Just looked at my hospitals Web site, PALS (Paitient Advice & Leason Support), have a section telling you of the things they offer, which is support in complaining and telling you whats the best way to approach a problem and the will lease with the department your having problems with. I think, but I'm not sure, that all hospitals have a PALS dept.
    If your hospital has a Web site, you might find some info on there. Sorry to go on!. Sue
  • bailey27
    Options
    Hi thanks
    I will definately tell them. I'll take someone with me to back me up who has seen me in the state I was in and saw first hand how I was suffering.

I feel a heck of a lot better today and just back to the back pain and stiffness which I always have. The nerve pain has almost gone, all I can feel now is something unusual but not the intense pain I was getting.

thank you so much for your help and support.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Bailey,

I am late seeing this, I am sorry but glad the pregabalin has helped to some degree. I have been on then 2 years now and they really are very good for me so hope they do the same for you. My dose was a bit different to yours, started on 75 2x a day, then 150 2 times aday and then 300 2 x a day but 300 I tend to visit the fairies on so we do the 2 extra tablets in the middle of the day........ I think as we are all different there is quite a range on them but for nerve pain they have knocked mine back so much :D

Good luck and yep take someone with and well I hope you get some real help. ((( ))) Cris x
  • bailey27
    Options
    Hi
    just an update. Feeling much better. I think the pregabalin have helped a bit although I still have pain it is nowhere near as it was. Still heard back from the rheumy dept but they are busy so cant grumble I guess. I'm just glad to be out of that horrendous flare up and back on track. I have had my appointment brought forward to so chuffed to bits and will hopefully be given differetn meds. fingers crossed. should i mention about them not getting back to me at the appointment or just leave it??
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Hi Bailey, I've been away and am only now catching up. You sound a lot better than you were thank goodness. Lyrica is a very good drug I've heard. It's shamefull that you never got the call back you were expecting. I'd gently make a point of mentioning it to Rheumy the next time you visit.
    Keep well.
    rita
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi, Glad your feeling a little better. Yes I would calmly mention your problems, but only if you feel comfortable doing so. Hope your apt goes well. Ix
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    So pleased you are feeling a whole lot better. Yes, if it was me, I would mentioned the lack of a phone call. As I said before, if it happens to you it will happen to others as well. Just remember, the horrenduous pain you were in when asking for help and the non help you received from them at that time, that may sway you to say something.

Pleased you have had your appointment moved forward.

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bailey27
    Options
    Thanks for that, yes I will try and mention it at the appointment.