Some good news for a change

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 28. Mar 2010, 18:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
I asked fo a review of my disabilty living allowance as i wanted to share the new changes in my illness.s. I got sent letter my award remained unchanged. If i wanted to apppeal. I thought forget it but the welfare rights said to go for it.
I went for a postal tribunal and ive got a letter today telling me i now qualify for low rate mobility. It is only for a year but its a result! :D:D:D It will be reviewed again next year.
I still get low rate care as well.
I am putting all my prayors into winning the next tribunal. I must admit im dreading it. scared to death in fact i dont trust em. :( thanks for letting me share from joanne :D
Joanne

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done Joanne

A victory :D:D

I am pleased for you.

Let's hope the tribunal is better than you think too and you win again.

I dont trust 'em either :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

Glad to read you won and well maybe thats an omen for winning the next appeal, I really hope so. Hey hopefully its given you a bit of a lift that you might win the next one? Luv and a ((( ))) and a hope Cris x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Joanne
    I am so glad your appeal went well, they make you fight for what is rightly yours, so you go ahead and don't give up.
    Good luck
    barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Good for you, glad to hear you have got what is rightfully yours, well done

lizzie
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Thanks you guys. It has lifted me carnt wait to tell hubby the news. I hope it is a good omen but you never know from joanne
    Joanne
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    I asked fo a review of my disabilty living allowance as i wanted to share the new changes in my illness.s. I got sent letter my award remained unchanged. If i wanted to apppeal. I thought forget it but the welfare rights said to go for it.
    I went for a postal tribunal and ive got a letter today telling me i now qualify for low rate mobility. It is only for a year but its a result! :D:D:D It will be reviewed again next year.
    I still get low rate care as well.
    I am putting all my prayors into winning the next tribunal. I must admit im dreading it. scared to death in fact i dont trust em. :( thanks for letting me share from joanne :D

good for you so glad you got it well done
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Joanne

It is so nice to read that someone has won their claim.

Don't worry about next year yet......just happy to hear this news. Well done.

Trish xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Well done Joanne,
    definitely worth appealing then.
    Every little helps.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Thanks for the replys. Just gotta wait till June for the other tribunal. I just want it out the way. I hate waiting not knowing if ill be sucsseful or not. joanne
    Joanne
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Congratulations, it gives me hope to see that people do sometimes get what they need. Its just a shame that you have to go through all the hoops! Nice to see good news! :D:D Love Sue
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Well done you, I am really pleased for you. I know exactly what you have been going through. I am still waiting for the resuls of my written appeal and like you, if needs be, I will go to appeal, as the carers org and welfare rights people will help me through it.
    I am so pleased for you........... :D XX Bubbles

I got my incapacity review through today, no need for any more medicals or gp letters, it is indefinate and has gone up a £1 a month! Double success.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Great news Joanne .....do you think changing your avatar and username brought you good luck.... pity you had to fight for it in the first place.

Hope it goes well in the next round .....would you like some boxing gloves? p025.gif

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • suncatcher
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Great news Joanne .....do you think changing your avatar and username brought you good luck.... pity you had to fight for it in the first place.

Hope it goes well in the next round .....would you like some boxing gloves? p025.gif

Luv Legs :D

I associate the sun with happyness and all things good. so i hope it will bring me luck. :D and yes boxing gloves for sure plenty of padding please, its gonna be painful!
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    bubbles wrote:
    Well done you, I am really pleased for you. I know exactly what you have been going through. I am still waiting for the resuls of my written appeal and like you, if needs be, I will go to appeal, as the carers org and welfare rights people will help me through it.

I got my incapacity review through today, no need for any more medicals or gp letters, it is indefinate and has gone up a £1 a month! Double success.

Well done you! Please dont go mad spending the pound take it easy i dont want all this money going to your head. :lol::lol: joanne
    Joanne
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    bubbles wrote:

Well done you! Please dont go mad spending the pound take it easy i dont want all this money going to your head. :lol::lol: joanne

No, lol, I am considering very carefully what it should be used for :roll:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).