can pain

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
well can pain make your blood pressure go up .
came off one of my arther meds(side affect can be hight bolld pressure) as blood pressure was up .what happened did it go down well no it went up but was in a lot of pain and very stiff just wondered if any one knows??????
n010.gif
val

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val not sure?, I know with some pain meds it can lower BP sometimes, as for pain making it go up have you done a search on Google to see what comes up.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

I seen to remember it can do that..... It can certainly push your temperature up and obviously make you tense but in one of my arms I have low bp and we tend to believe that one so don't know too much about high bp's, except the other arm is very high (always 190+/100+) but its put down to swelling and interference of the blood vessels so it might be an idea to get them to take both? I really hope they will get it under control and you can get some decent pain relief as well soon. ((( ))) Cris x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Don't know the answer to this one Val :(
    but hope you get some help soon that will sort out the BP and the pain :roll:

never a dull moment with arther is there :?: :shock:

Iris xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Val

When you are in pain, it can distress you, so I should think it could do.

I do not understand blood pressure levels. But when I have been to rheummy and in pain they have said blood is up.

Trish xx
  • valval
    Options
    thanks gang will make sure take enough pain meds to bring it down if it can be causing it to go up lol
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I agree with Trish, Val. Pain must equal stress and stress puts up your BP quicker than anything........so keep popping the pills!

Love
    Annie
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Val i'm having same problem my bp is high so they have taken me of leflunomide and my bp is getting higher, pluss now i am having ruddy migranes. Hope you get it sorted soon sending you a ((((hug)))).

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • ailsamary
    ailsamary Member Posts: 38
    Options
    yes pain definitly puts your blood pressure up, its one of the way's in a+e we assess if folks are in as much pain as they suggest (and it works both ways)
    but there are other reasons as well, as stress, anxiety, white coat syndrome, which is why a one of raised BP is rarely treated and measurements are taken over a period of time
  • valval
    Options
    ailsamary wrote:
    yes pain definitly puts your blood pressure up, its one of the way's in a+e we assess if folks are in as much pain as they suggest (and it works both ways)
    but there are other reasons as well, as stress, anxiety, white coat syndrome, which is why a one of raised BP is rarely treated and measurements are taken over a period of time

had hoped it was white coat syn. but even happened at chemist where knew lass doing it lol. been having it done for few weeks but no hope it will not come down lol
    val
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Hi Val
    All sorts of things can make your blood pressure go up. Sitting in a doctors waiting room waiting to go in & have mine taken is enough to send mine up!
    No, seriously, pain, worry or stress can send your blood pressure up which is why doctors will take it on several different occasions before they start to get concerned about it.
    Keep practising your relaxation techniques and hopefully your GP is now prescribing a painkiller which doesn't affect your BP.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • valval
    Options
    thanks for that . my fault do not like taking pain meds, but will make sure fully dosed before going thursday for another blood pressure test
    val