silly question!!!

Options
jordan7j
jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
edited 28. Mar 2010, 09:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know this probably sounds a really silly question, but can anyone tell me if this is a flare? I woke this morning feeling really achey and flu like. Showered and washed hair, felt completely exhausted and had to sit back down. All day I have felt really ill, but no temperature etc. swollen feet, wrists but no redness. Usual pain in feet, hips joining in too. Slept from 4pm-7pm and still feel the same. Could have stayed in bed, but hubby called me for dinner, which I dont feel like either. Sorry to be so dumb, but only had occassional episodes like this. Thanks Jay x

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jay,

When I have a flare my joints close down and the pain is intolerable, I wouldn't be able to have a shower because I'd be too ill .......but that's me and we're all different. This could be a flare for you...... equally it could be a virus, maybe you need to speak to your GP or Rheumy team if it goes on.

Sorry, that's not much help :|

Hope you feel better soon.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i get like this day or two before a flare it like body fighting with its self leaving no energy to do any thing even eat. hope i am wrong in your case and it just a cold coming (((hug))) just in case
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi jordan

Might be - give it some time as the others say - if it's a virus then you'll know.

Also possible its the START of a flare :?

Hope you do feel better today

love

toni x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Morning Jordan,

How are you feeling today :?: Hope that you have had a better night and that the symptoms have reduced. :roll:

Flares seem to be different for each of us.......I know I can't move if I'm having a bad flare and have headaches and fluey feelings but it depends on which joints are involved and how tired I've been.....it's not always the same!

If you don't feel any better maybe you should consider phoning or seeing your GP or rheummy tomorrow :?:

Fingers crossed whatever it is begins to lift soon. Irisx
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Options
    Thanks for replies everyone. Still feel yuk!! back is really painful, feet and ankles swollen, hip pain and feeling just ill really. Will see how it goes tomorrow, taking it easy today. x